New Droid X

rmamiye

Reaction score
Hey guys!
im new to droid in the past month coming from a blackberry for about 4 years and i absolutely LOVE IT!!!

as much as i love it i am still having problems with it while trying to learn the system. so far after playing with the settings and options i have been able to figure almost everything out on my own.

then came along something i have been trying to figure out for several hours now. facebook. with OEM facebook is giving me connection errors and hasnt updated in over a day or so.

does anybody have any idea as to what may be causing this issue?

thanks!!!!

Canadroid

Reaction score
Welcome to the forums!!

I am not a Facebook user in the slightest (no, no--I'm not 60-88 years old, or a criminal) so I can't help much.

My wife was never very impressed with the OEM Facebook on her D2, I know there are several options out there for you in the app market.

Sounds like updates are not getting pushed to you properly for whatever reason, someone here will likely have had the same problem and come to the rescue. dancedroid

ltcalex

Reaction score
Our own Droid Forums has posted on the google search the latest on the Droid X.

The amazing Droid X just got a little bit better. A new incremental update was released for the phone that brings it up to version 4.5.621.MB810. Not only does it include some important bug fixes, it also has some useful new features. Here's a breakdown:

Over the Air Updates

Prevents lockups or resets after the Over the Air (OTA) update.
OTA update notice screen displays the correct estimated update time.

Device Features

Improved browser security with the Google Security Patch from Android 2.3.6.
Fixed issue where the device may power ON without user interaction.
Resolved possible device resets while playing music.
Adjusted camera settings will be saved, even after the device is powered down.
Reduced Out of Memory errors.
WAV files can be played from Visual Voice Mail.
Device is enabled with the Wireless Alerting System.
Improved stability of Music Player reduces resets.
Shortcuts to applications remain on the device even after applications are moved to the SD card.

Email, Messaging & Data

Improved connectivity with 3G Mobile Hotspot data connectivity.
Addressed error that replicated thumbnails in message threads.
Corrected errors where Yahoo! mail notifications were not displayed properly.
Reduced duplicate message errors.
Improved ability to access and receive Gmail when the Mobile Hotspot is turned on.
Sorted contact groups.
Device recognizes Multimedia ringtones after purchase.

Accessories

Button background lighting turns off while in the desktop cradle.

Keep something in mind about this update... according to reports across the web, this new .621 update breaks the ability to SBF your Droid X back to an earlier version. If you want it, you can manually check for it by going to Settings> About Phone> System Update.

Source: DroidXForums.com via DroidMatters

Droid Forum - Dedicated Verizon Android Forum - Droid, Droid2, Droid3, Droid4, Droid X, Droid X2, Bionic, RAZR

ltcalex

Reaction score
Please move all responses here to Droid X

Thanks!