New user looking for advice

n2qrthorse

Reaction score
I am new to droid, and trying to figure everything out. I purchased the Vortex on Friday, so far everything I see is awesome, except, the notifications waking me up at night:icon_evil: , I did disable the email notifications, but I am getting an error message about visual voice mail...I can't turn off my phone b/c I have a teenager, but I would love to be able to stop any other notifications.

One more complaint, I don't understand with all the technology, why there is no flash on the camera.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome! I am not familiar with the Vortex. However, on my Droid, I do have a flash. I do not use visual voice mail. What error are you receiving? Are you able to set the phone to silent/vibrate to disable the voice mail notifications?

Sorry I could not be more helpful.

Mike

OP
N

n2qrthorse

Reaction score
Thanks for responding Mike.
I contacted verizon to find out if I was just missing something, they state that I can turn my phone on vibrate, but there is no way to disable the notifications and still have my phone ring.
I was unable to remember the exact error message b/c of the time of morning, however if this occurs again tonight I will write it down.

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
Welcome to the forum. I also do not know much about the Vortex but if you can find it in the market there is an app called Timeriffic that I use. It allows me to set up profiles that control my sounds. For example I have one that is called "night" within that profile I have everything silent except for my ringer, that way I get calls at any time. My "work" profile turns my phone to vibrate for calls and text messages but silent for emails and other notifications. Its really nice and once my profiles were set up I do not have to think about my phone sounding off any more at in appropriate times.