Love my Droid and first true smart phone:)

whitefangs22

Reaction score
I am a 32 year old regional truck driver attending online classes to eventially quit truck driving. I currently live in Steele, ND and love technology and bought my Droid as soon as I got home back in November as an early upgrade to my Verizon account. While i have had a few issues with it I have been enjoying my phone ever since i got it. Only problems I have had involve the headphone jack and ghost headphone commands. I have frequently peaked into the forums and finally decided to join.

Thanks for a great forum,

Kris

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome, Kris! This is an great forum and the Droid is an amazing device. Hope you enjoy both. I wish you smooth sailing.

Mike

OP
W

whitefangs22

Reaction score
Thanks.
I have been debating rooting my Droid but have not taken the leap yet, other than reading a lot of posts about the topic.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well if you are considering rooting you are taking the right approach. Read, read, and read some more. There a several Youtube videos on rooting.

For me the most comprehensive tutorial is Matth3W's http://www.droidforums.net/forum/ha...-phone-2-1-rom-o-c-mm-boot-animation-etc.html)

Matt takes you step by step through the entire process. I used it because I like to know what is and is not going onto my phone. If you decide to root and have problems or questions someone will be here to help.

Mike

Erron

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Thanks.
I have been debating rooting my Droid but have not taken the leap yet, other than reading a lot of posts about the topic.

Well then youre doing it the right way! Read about rooting and learn. Then when something happens or you get stuck in continuous boot you won't panic. If you decide to do a root.

Have you added any music control progs or anything? Just trying to think about your problems on the headphones.

OP
W

whitefangs22

Reaction score
Usually it happens when I am using Doggcatcher with my Droid plugged into my truck stereo's aux jack and I accidentally pull the phone towards me. The headphone plug gets pulled a little, it is not being pulled out though. The Doggcatcher Dev found the ghost signals in the Doggcatcher debug log. It thinks I pressed a button on headphones and starts the music player as the podcasts start skipping. I got a replacement phone and it is still doing it. I decided to just try to be careful and not stress the plug any. It even does it with my good headphone's gold plated jack occasionally too.

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Welcome to the insanity, Kris! Glad you've decided to join us here on the forum! Enjoy!

:welcome: