My first smart phone.... Droid X

themaltesedroid

Reaction score
Just turned 55...(that may have something to do with it):) got a Droid X.
Believe me this was a big step for me...my 27 yr old daughter had to convince me on my last phone I needed to learn to text...LOL

Took me about a week...and many visits to this forum..but I LOVE IT. It is an amazing phone...heck...I am Facebooking now too!!:icon_ banana:
My hubby is still happy with his "regular" phone (then again he still writes his emails in all CAPS)
I love when someone says to me "why would you spend so much money on a *phone*.....Then I start showing them what this *phone* does and how many times I use it for the GPS..Pandora during power walks...read books during lunch... great camera....etc
I am happy I got the Droid x and for all the help from this forum...
(My daughter is now going to turn in her Blackberry for a Droid around Christmas)dancedroid

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Welcome to the Forum...

We also have a dedicated X forum you might like also.... Droid X Forum

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
The X is a Great Device, Welcome to the Forum

(I resisted the temptation to write this in all caps) :)

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Hello and welcome to the forums!!

Jump in and enjoy the X...

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome! There are lots of us "seniors" here who have had a great time with our Droids.

Mike

kennyc

Reaction score
Just turned 55...(that may have something to do with it):) got a Droid X.
Believe me this was a big step for me...my 27 yr old daughter had to convince me on my last phone I needed to learn to text...LOL

Took me about a week...and many visits to this forum..but I LOVE IT. It is an amazing phone...heck...I am Facebooking now too!!:icon_ banana:
My hubby is still happy with his "regular" phone (then again he still writes his emails in all CAPS)
I love when someone says to me "why would you spend so much money on a *phone*.....Then I start showing them what this *phone* does and how many times I use it for the GPS..Pandora during power walks...read books during lunch... great camera....etc
I am happy I got the Droid x and for all the help from this forum...
(My daughter is now going to turn in her Blackberry for a Droid around Christmas)dancedroid

Welcome and very cool on converting y our daughter. :)

I've got a couple of years on ya but have spent most of it in the computer business. Still the DroidX I got two weeks ago is my first phone beyond a basic one. Seemed to me like the technology has finally gotten to the point where it is truly usable.

Last edited: