Love incredible, like EVO 4G more?

mrmomoman

Reaction score
What part of GA? It seems to be a hit or miss with service in GA with Sprint.

armeddroid

Reaction score
I am in the Athens area, and Sprint keeps bouncing in/out.
Got so frustrated with it so i made the switch.

blu1080

Reaction score
i like the bigger screen and the fact that phone memory is 1gb instead of 512MB (for apps) because to me having 8gigs of internal memory is useless with only 512MB for apps

EVO has less space for apps:

EVO = 1gb - OS & preinstalled stock apps = about 640mb free

Incredible uses the 512mb rom for OS & stock apps and has 748mb free for apps storage out of the box (this is why only 6.6gb of built in space is free). Also, when 2.2 is released, there will be less space for apps, since bigger OS update & more stock apps. Incredible will not be affected, since it uses the 512 rom only for OS & stock apps. The 748mb flash space third party apps is not touched. I have 300mb of apps installed and still 448mb free.

Sure the EVO has 1GB, but bigger OS, more stock apps, format space and THEN you have the third party app storage. Still a lot more space than Droid and other devices.

As far as the Inc, how is having extra gigs of space useless???? My 1,000 songs in that space along with room for pictures and other downloads would disagree ;) That does not even count the 16gb microsd :)

Thanks! i didn't know that! well I guess it just has a bigger screen...and a kickstand:)

movadoevo8

Reaction score
Sprint ain't worth it brother

I had the Palm Pre since it came out until decemeber when I upgraded to the DROID.. Let me tell you 99$ for Unlimited Data, Internet, Calling, Texting literally unlimited everything is awesome! Now i pay liek 130+ for Verizon for unlimited everything.

As far as the Service I had amazing service on my palm pre with sprint. I came from an iPhone with AT&T to Sprint and sprint was way better then AT&T. I do find Verizon a bit better, but not much better where I would choose verizon over Sprint. I so rather have sprint because of the cheaper plans and 4G! :) and the phone service is good IMO.

thacrownprince

Reaction score
I am not sure if anyone has stated this before. Owning a Spring Evo will cost you 10 dollars extra a month due to the reason that the device can support Sprint's 4G Network. Even if you don't have 4G in your area, you still have to pay the extra 10 dollars a month premium. Not sure if that's a deal breaker or not, but that's what one of the Podcasts on CNET was saying when they went to the Sprint Evo Premier event.

dwagner88

Reaction score
I am not sure if anyone has stated this before. Owning a Spring Evo will cost you 10 dollars extra a month due to the reason that the device can support Sprint's 4G Network. Even if you don't have 4G in your area, you still have to pay the extra 10 dollars a month premium. Not sure if that's a deal breaker or not, but that's what one of the Podcasts on CNET was saying when they went to the Sprint Evo Premier event.

That's still cheaper than anybody in here is paying with VZW.

mrmomoman

Reaction score

I heard otherwise...Won't make sense to be in a City with 3G and no plans this year for 4G. I heard it was only mandatory in the areas with 4G service. I guess we can speculate all we want :) We will find out soon enough.

Reaction score
Its sprint... aka Fail.

Also... "the devil I see versus the devil I don't" I like that.

gsf

Reaction score
reading reviews it seems that you'll need your car hooked up to your phone to get through the day. 4G has very limited coverage right now and 4g owners are told to turn off 4g when their not using it in order to conserve the battery.

The concept of 4g is GREAT, i just don't want a smartphone with any less battery power/life than the 3g phones have today. I think 4g is experimenting on the expense of the people, and until it becomes more people/user friendly, i'll just sit back and watch the test pilots take it through its possibilities.

I think smart-phones are too advance compare to the batteries that power them. I don't want a phone that i can't use, or i need to start shutting its features down in order to make it through the day.

If a phone company wants a winner... here it is.... Good 4G phone package,

Phone

extra Battery

car/home charger

Compatible Bluetooth earpiece (does everything)

Jokool_7777

Reaction score
I'm making the switch. I Already have mines pre ordered and a buyer for my droid. It was between the EVO and the Incredible....EVO it is and it doesnt hurt that I'll save money on my monthly bill.
The only negative so far is this 4g crap..I hear that you have to pay 10 bucks a month for it even if its not available in your area. If Atlanta doesnt already have it...we'll get it soon.

mrmomoman

Reaction score
JoKool - Atlanta has it and its strong at least for me. I was able to get 11MB from a clear card when I was trying it out. I live in Roswell/Alpharetta area.

Funny thing is that AT&T is strong here and Verizon is just okay. Tmobile sucks in a lot of places. I had the HD2 and had to return it. It was awful reception and when in a building forget about it. It was useless.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
About the battery life: The Inc. and the EVO 4G have the exact same processor in them. Battery life will either be the same as the Inc, or worse. But it wont be better. HTC coulda stuck a better processor in the EVO that mighta helped with battery life, but they didnt. They decided to stick it in a Win 7 phone: the Mondrian:

HTC Mondrian with 1.3GHz Snapdragon detailed in leaked Windows Phone 7 ROM? -- Engadget

QSD8650A w/45nm technology. The Inc. and the EVO 4G has QSD8650 w/65nm technology...A processor revision that close together and they couldnt put it in the EVO 4G, a 4G phone?....

Factor in the bigger screen and the 4G draining the battery. I think the battery is gonna be worse than on the Inc..unless they ship it with a higher capacity battery.

IMO they should have put the 8650A in the Inc and the EVO.

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm making the switch. I Already have mines pre ordered and a buyer for my droid. It was between the EVO and the Incredible....EVO it is and it doesnt hurt that I'll save money on my monthly bill.
The only negative so far is this 4g crap..I hear that you have to pay 10 bucks a month for it even if its not available in your area. If Atlanta doesnt already have it...we'll get it soon.

Add $4.99 a month if you want to use video calls using Qik. I wouldn't even mind the extra $10 for 4G, but I'll be damned if I'm going to pay for a feature that comes standard on the phone.