Lost/Stolen Galaxy S3 from Verizon

john89011

Reaction score
So I went on vacation to Aruba last weekend, left the s3 by the pool (Saturday) and when I returned 30min later it was gone. I had the phone in airplane mode and wifi enabled. I sent a text message via WhatsApp to the phone and I see it was read the following day (Sunday). Google Dashboard also confirms the phone was last seen that following day. I had WheresMyDroid installed on the phone but it's pretty much useless since it sends SMS commands to get the GPS location just like every other app I've come across.

Any suggestions? I was thinking of getting a global data plan (Verizon) temporarily just enough to be able to send a sms to the device, assuming it was taken out of airplane mode.

Another possible option would be to contact the resort's network admin to get the wifi login credentials used the following day when my WhatsApp message was read but I doubt they'll do that.

Any advice/suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
Next time, on your next phone, install something like Lookout Security. You could even get it to take a picture of the thief and wipe the phone if necessary.