Lost my droid, can't remember which locator app I had installed

N55_NOLE

Reaction score
I somehow misplaced my droid last night and I was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of a directory of apps that provide gps location capabilities. I have one on my phone that is also an anti-virus program, I just can't remember the name. I'm hoping I'll just be able to put my phone number in and find it, but I'm not holding my breath. Thanks in advance!

OP
N

N55_NOLE

Reaction score
It turns out it was lookout. Luckily I had already activated my account and was able to go to the lookout website and use the locate function. Early in the day I had called the cab driver from the night before and he said he didn't find anything in the cab, but he would look again later.

Well, upon using the locate function I tracked the phone to a house on the other side of town. I called the cabbie again and asked him if he lived on the street the phone was located at and he did. He was pretty freaked out that I was able to find his address using an app on my phone, but he was happy to return it.

Lookout is a great program, I've been singing it's praises ever since it helped me recover my phone!

gszeman

Reaction score
Lol...that's awesome! I have Lookout as well, and hope to never have to use that function...

Gremlin

Reaction score
Well, upon using the locate function I tracked the phone to a house on the other side of town. I called the cabbie again and asked him if he lived on the street the phone was located at and he did. He was pretty freaked out that I was able to find his address using an app on my phone, but he was happy to return it.

Dumb question.. You leave your gps on all the time? Thanks

gszeman

Reaction score

I do, yes. It will only activate when an app needs it...it doesn't run unless it's needed.

Screens.jpg

cderry

Reaction score
Just added this to my list of must-have apps for my Droid. Love how if you lose it in your house you can make your phone let out a loud siren to find it...even if your phone was set on silent or vibrate.

circsmonky

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

I do, yes. It will only activate when an app needs it...it doesn't run unless it's needed.

Screens.jpg
i love the look of your screens, what home app you use? looks like helix, but what did you use to replace the icons? and i have been looking for a good calender widget like that but hadnt found one yet. basically i love the black on everything. feel free to message me as i just asked alot of questions.

mkraffert

Reaction score
Just added this to my list of must-have apps for my Droid. Love how if you lose it in your house you can make your phone let out a loud siren to find it...even if your phone was set on silent or vibrate.

Mobile defense also does all that AND it allows you to lock the phone remotely.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

brettwp

Reaction score
Just installed Lookout on my Droid. Easy to setup, ended up using the Gmail account to comunitcate between my Desktop and the Droid. Asked it to find it for me and it located it, but was about 70 Meters off. Still, not bad!