best gps app for me to send location to a non-droid phone

ucpro

Reaction score
My sister has a bb tour, and she uses the vz navigator gps. Is there a way that i can send her my gps location so i don't have to try and write down a million directions? i've tried two programs, and they both force close when they open. one was called HereIm and i can't remember what the other one was.

cisco0910

Reaction score
My sister has a bb tour, and she uses the vz navigator gps. Is there a way that i can send her my gps location so i don't have to try and write down a million directions? i've tried two programs, and they both force close when they open. one was called HereIm and i can't remember what the other one was.

this app would be quite cool although I know of such an app. being a feature on google maps on a future update would be awesome

OP
U

ucpro

Reaction score

this app would be quite cool although I know of such an app. being a feature on google maps on a future update would be awesome

the apps i tried were supposed to send an sms message or facebook message to whoever saying where i was at, but i never got to test it out since the app always fc'ed

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Does Latitude work on the Tour?

Mr Steve

Reaction score
In GPS Status there is a 'share location' item in the menu. Choices are: Copy to clipboard, By SMS, By e-mail, & By QR Code.

I sent an SMS to a friend's BB and they were able to tap the link in the SMS to launch their map with my position marked.

I use it to send an SMS to myself when I park the car in a large lot or strange area. When I'm ready to go home I tap the link, it brings up the map, and away I go.

It won't update as you move around, but it's simple & free and you could SMS multiple people at once. Makes it easy for folks to find you in a big park, at the beach, etc..

OP
U

ucpro

Reaction score
Does Latitude work on the Tour?

i'm not sure. all i know is that she has vznavigator. she doesn't know much about phone and really doesn't wanna learn anything new, so i wanna make it easy for her

cisco0910

Reaction score
In GPS Status there is a 'share location' item in the menu. Choices are: Copy to clipboard, By SMS, By e-mail, & By QR Code.

I sent an SMS to a friend's BB and they were able to tap the link in the SMS to launch their map with my position marked.

I use it to send an SMS to myself when I park the car in a large lot or strange area. When I'm ready to go home I tap the link, it brings up the map, and away I go.

It won't update as you move around, but it's simple & free and you could SMS multiple people at once. Makes it easy for folks to find you in a big park, at the beach, etc..
i do not see this option..how would one get there step by step from home screen? thanks

OP
U

ucpro

Reaction score

i do not see this option..how would one get there step by step from home screen? thanks

it works!! while you're looking at the radar,,u hit share location it'll give u the option to copy to clipboard, or send by sms, email or qr code. i sent it by sms which will link u to the google maps site, then i clicked on google maps option and my location was right on

Mr Steve

Reaction score
GPS Stat is a free app on the Marketplace.

Download/Install that and launch the app. Once it gets a fix hit the 'menu' button on your Droid. That will bring up the 'share' options.