Lost my default HTC keyboard

Nikkistixx95

Reaction score
I recently downloaded a few different better keyboard apps and such just to try out the different keyboards on the market.

It turned out they were all pretty crappy, and once I decided I really didn't like them, I decided to delete them.

Once I went into my apps, and then deleted those keyboard apps, it also seems to have deleted the default HTC keyboard that was on the phone. Whenever I open up a new text message, or go on the internet, my keyboard is gone.

Is there any way to get my keyboard back without having to do another hard factory reset? Because this will have been the fourth this month if so.

Cookie_Monster

Reaction score
have you tried to long press the text field? any option there to set it? what about settings> language&keyboards> touch input> keyboard types.

You shouldnt just been able to delete the factory keyboard by unistalling a app.

Hmong_Xiong

Reaction score
have you tried to long press the text field? any option there to set it? what about settings> language&keyboards> touch input> keyboard types.

You shouldnt just been able to delete the factory keyboard by unistalling a app.

Yeah u can't delete stock keyboards (in a way of being rooted u can) but u might have to go there and check the regular stock keyboard under what Cookie Monster told u

[ ] Motorola Droid: Latest Miui
[X] Motorola Xoom: Tiamat 2.1
[ ] Apple iPhone 3G: RedSn0w Jailbreak
Tapatalk

jadensmama

Reaction score
I happen to have had the same problem. Default keyboard is GONE. I have tried all these suggestions already. Under "Language and Keyboard" there is no option for stock, only downloaded keyboard I have installed. I use Better Keyboard, but since they took it off the market, I really don't want to have to do a hard reset, then I can't get it back, and Better Keyboard is the best one Ive found yet. Even though I dont use stock keyboard, I would at least like to have it back as an option.

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you guys get any other problems you may want to factory reset. The OTA gingerbread update may have caused a framework issue.