Keyboards, Hard Resets and Apps... Oh My!

droidfry

Reaction score
I am frustrated with my keyboard and I think that at this point, it's got something to do with the touchscreen. I've noticed that the keyboard is fond of changing the letter I to the letter O and the enter key and delete key on the right side of the keyboard (in portrait mode) don't always function and it ends up not responding. I've bought Better 8 keyboard app because it was much better than the stock but it's still having issues. I've had enough, I'm doing a hard reset to see if that does the trick. (I've tried the calibration, it hasn't fixed it)

With that being said, I have purchased apps. If i do a hard reset will I lose the paid apps? Are they linked to my e-mail/gmail?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

amavit

Reaction score
Your purchased apps are linked to your gmail account so after you do a factory reset and go into the market they should be in your my apps section

Darkpsycho

Reaction score
I would of recommended using swiftkey x. Pretty good app i've used it but I like stock more and haven't had the problems you do. Did you try recalibrating the touch sense? Amazon made it a free gold app like 2 weeks ago.. and getjar has it free for this week but unfortunately it doesn't support the Incredible 2.. but it supports the Incredible S which is weird.

OP
D

droidfry

Reaction score
I would of recommended using swiftkey x. Pretty good app i've used it but I like stock more and haven't had the problems you do. Did you try recalibrating the touch sense? Amazon made it a free gold app like 2 weeks ago.. and getjar has it free for this week but unfortunately it doesn't support the Incredible 2.. but it supports the Incredible S which is weird.

I didn't like swiftkey x. I have it though.
I recalibrated the keyboard, several times. Not sure what the app is?

ABQNM

Reaction score

I didn't download SwiftKey X from getjar because I already have it, but I did get another one of the free apps. It did not list the dinc2 as an option so I chose the Incredible S and it worked just fine.

I have experienced the issue of I changing to O or other random weird words with many different keyboards and usually clearing the custom dictionary fixed it.

devator22

Reaction score
Strange, I downloaded SwiftKey when it was on Amazon as the free app of the day. It works great. Never gave me an incompatibility warning or anything.

Sent from my Incredible 2 using the DroidForums app.

ABQNM

Reaction score
Strange, I downloaded SwiftKey when it was on Amazon as the free app of the day. It works great. Never gave me an incompatibility warning or anything.

Sent from my Incredible 2 using the DroidForums app.

I don't think it is a compatibility issue with the app, but the fact that getjar does not list the dinc2 as a an option. If anyone goes to try it, just choose the Incredible S. It worked fine for another app. It really shouldn't matter as there is only one apk for most of those apps anyway.

OP
D

droidfry

Reaction score
it turns out that it's the Better Keyboard 8 that's acting up and becoming 'unresponsive'. (I did a factory reset and I initially used the stock keyboard and then tried using the BK8 and that's when it started to suck). That's a huge fail for me considering I bought it, and now I don't know what to do. I still have the swiftkey app in my Amazon app, I just never re-downloaded it after the factory reset.

Alphonsus

Reaction score
Try the MessagEase keyboard. It's currently free, is great for fat fingers , and people have been getting up to sixty words per minute with it. It's much different and there's a bit of a learning curve, but it's VERY worth it.

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums