Lost Incredible. Now have the Incredibly slow Eris

nStyle

Reaction score
I lost my Incredible in a night that I shouldn't of been out because I was so tired and having to do everything.

That sucked.

Anyway, I have the Eris now and I am pretty happy with it. It feels good to the touch and feels better built than the Incredible. Overall it is pretty snazzy.

My only complaint is the SPEED. It is MUCH slower than my Incredible. How can I speed it up? I am on 2.1.

On another note, I got my Eris very cheap from Verizon CPO. The phone appears brand new to me.

chram893

Reaction score
Welcome to the Droid Eris familia! First of all, sorry to hear about your unfortunate loss :/ Now for your question, the speed you get from your new Eris, is the speed you get. I'm sure I speak for all current Droid Eris users when i say, "I wish it was faster". But you have to get used to it. For now.. But in order to prevent a decrease in speed/response/lag on your Eris, adjust your settings accordingly to your needs. (such as location/gps settings, brightness, and sync information, etc..) The "Power Control" widget may become your best friend to go to for battery upkeep. Also, I'd recommend to install ATK, Advanced Task Killer, from the Android Market app to control apps running in the background. Certain apps that are kept running in the background kill the Eris's battery and may cause major speed/response/lag issues. (Please note that this is based on personal options and may depend on how you may use your Eris) Overtime, your Eris should be able to get used to the way your run your phone and it'll adapt to your needs.

Last edited:

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
You went from a 1GHz Snapdragon CPU, to a .5 GHz processor. The Eris should be slow compared to the Incredible.

OP
N

nStyle

Reaction score
Why is running a task killer a problem?

And where can I find the 2.1 root for the Eris?

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Task Killers are not needed.....Follow the links above.

OP
N

nStyle

Reaction score
I already have 2.1 on my phone... un-rooted. There is no current root for this right? I would have to be on 1.5 to do the 2.1 root?