Lost fingerprint on stock.

Gemdog

Reaction score
Hi Guys/Girls,

Somehow my phone seems to have lost it's fingerprint. I was having random lockups and the like, which looks like it ended up being related to the memory card and a app trying to read it on boot, but after 4 phone resets and a format of the sd card to find and fix it, the phone stabilised out to normal, but I've lost access to protected apps in the market.

I contacted one of the app developers, who assured me the app still exists, pointed me towards the fingerprint, at which point I found many apps missing.

Marketplace was working normally before, and after the first reset, but the apps were gone after the 3rd.

I'm running a stock 2.1update1 rom on a HK Milestone, which had a OTA update weeks ago with no issues. The only non-market app I've ever used was the Mario Live Wallpaper, and never a marketplace replacement.

I tried using a different google account with no luck.

Can someone point me to how to get a new fingerprint? I really want/need my paid apps back...

Thanks in advance.

OP
G

Gemdog

Reaction score
Just an update:

I called Motorola, explained what had happened, unfortunately the call centre girl had no clue what I was on about, so she put me through to a Level 2 tech, who didn't really grasp the issue. So after a argument about "You need to talk to Google" "But Motorola control fingerprinting, and have to forward it to Google".. eventually they agreed that they need to escalate it to Level 3 and would call me back.

So now I'm waiting for them to call me back again...

In the mean time, the Motorola Update says I'm up to date, so I can't just flash to fix it :(

Is there any way to downgrade or reflash identical without doing the Venerable recovery? All the threads I find all cover venerable for rooting, not just stock...

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Did you factory reset?

OP
G

Gemdog

Reaction score
Hi,

Yes, twice. Once from the phone settings menu, and one from doing the Power-X>Camera-Volume method.

Only thing I can think of is there was a OTA update about 3 weeks ago, perhaps that fingerprint never got submitted to Google for activation? Thou I thought I had access to the apps after the first reset. (the memory card didn't function after a format in a card reader until I reset the phone for some odd reason.)

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Hm thats odd. Yeah you might want to wait for the tech before doing anything.

OP
G

Gemdog

Reaction score
Thanks, yeah I agree.

The only thing I can forsee it the stock answer "This phone is outside of it's reigon, you need to contact support in Hong Kong" and my Mandarin is poor... I could sense he was going to try that the first time, as he kept bringing up "It's a HK phone in Australia?"...

I guess if they say "It needs to go in for service" I'll just root it and use the Market Enabler.