Apps Missing From Market DLs After Root to UD

ps5281

Reaction score
This was my first time rooting. I reverted back to stock 2.0.1 to root and install Ultimate Droid. Went off without a hitch, that is until I logged back into my google account and all the apps I had previously downloaded did not reinstall and do not show up in the downloads section of the marketplace. Everything else updated and synced like it should.

Having downloaded a ton of apps and not wanting to search for them all over again I reverted back to my restore point. All of the apps and other information on my phone restored like it should have no problem... but, I opened android market and the apps I had installed on my phone were not in the downloads section of the marketplace. When I search for an individual app that I have installed the market place says that it is installed, just not showing in my downloads menu....

I also tried using ASTRO to reinstall the apps on Ultimate Droid, they reinstall but again don't show up in the downloads section of the marketplace.

What did I do wrong?

Will this correct itself eventually and I'll get the updates or am I stuck reinstalling everything manually all over again?

Any Suggestions on how to fix it?

Thanks for the help....

G

gavron

You're not indicating if your 'restore point' was nandroid. If you did a full nandroid backup, then your restore should have NOT ONLY restored your apps, but also their market status.

As for new ROMs. If you wipe /DATA and put a new ROM on, ***RESTORE THE APPS*** before logging into google!!!

But if you did otherwise, no worries, rewipe /DATA, redo the ROM flash, reboot, restore apps... THEN log into google :)

That should get you the market restoring your apps.

BTW the process DOES TAKE TIME so wait to see apps appearing... and requires good network connectivity (I recommend WiFi).

E

OP
P

ps5281

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice, but here's a stupid question... without installing astro from the market how do i load the apps before logging into google?