Major Issues

InBox485

Reaction score
I searched, googled etc, and found no help, and I'm about to put my Droid through a friggin wood chipper.

I was stupid enough to try using a startup manager (it was either Startup Cleaner 2.0 or Startup Cleaner Pro) and that FUBAR'ed my phone to the point that any apps on my SD card wouldn't load at all or show up in the app tray, and I couldn't download any apps from the market to try to fix the issue. :icon_evil:

Then, once I had lost all hope of manually fixing the mess, I did a factory reset. The market is now insisting on mass downloading every app I have every had on my phone and is failing the installation on every damn one of them. :icon_evil:

So, how do I get this POS to cancel ALL the market downloads rather one at a time? Why are installs failing on a fresh install? How can I do a reset so that the apps don't cluster FU<K me all at once? :icon_evil::icon_evil::icon_evil::icon_evil:

Last edited:

AngryHatter

Reaction score
If they fail to install...can't you wait for the debacle to end and then try reinstalling one at a time.
In other words let the market try to do its thing and when it finishes...THEN you try to do a onesy, twosy.

I did notice that if you access the help web page from the market one of the first topics is disconnecting the market from your phone...maybe that would do it?

OP
I

InBox485

Reaction score
If they fail to install...can't you wait for the debacle to end and then try reinstalling one at a time.
In other words let the market try to do its thing and when it finishes...THEN you try to do a onesy, twosy.

I did notice that if you access the help web page from the market one of the first topics is disconnecting the market from your phone...maybe that would do it?

I finally figured it out by piecing a hodgepdge of tips and tricks together. Basically, I had to disable app syncing in the privacy section, then do the reset. Then when initializing, I had to skip the google account sign in and verizon sync sign in. Then I had to reformat the SD card, and then do a second factory reset as above. Now thanks to one POS app on the android market, I am back to complete sqaure one with my phone.

AngryHatter

Reaction score

I finally figured it out by piecing a hodgepdge of tips and tricks together. Basically, I had to disable app syncing in the privacy section, then do the reset. Then when initializing, I had to skip the google account sign in and verizon sync sign in. Then I had to reformat the SD card, and then do a second factory reset as above. Now thanks to one POS app on the android market, I am back to complete sqaure one with my phone.

Well, thanks for pulling all the tips together - might help someone in the future.