Fingerprint Authorization Added To Google Play Store in Android 6.0

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

The Google Play update will now include support for fingerprint authorization! This is great news for Kanye West who recently blasted any app maker that included in app purchases after North ran up a huge app bill! For now fingerprint authorization is only supported on Android 6.0 which is a bummer, but as phones start receiving their Marshmallow updates they will also receive this feature. The option will be switched off by default. You an quickly toggle it on if you have a supported device. This is the perfect way to keep those kiddos from spending all your money!

via 9to5google

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I don't think that's the case. You've got native support for the fingerprint scanner in Marshmallow. Why would you not use it if you've already set it up to unlock the phone?

I don't know about you, but I'm a big fan of long, secure passwords, so it will undoubtedly be quicker for me to authorize a purchase by tapping the back of the phone when I get my 6P than to type in my password.

I don't see how that's a bad thing. Typing the password isn't "work," but if there's a way I can get my content more quickly, while still keeping my device secure from my stepson accidentally charging my account, I'm all for it.

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
I don't think that's the case. You've got native support for the fingerprint scanner in Marshmallow. Why would you not use it if you've already set it up to unlock the phone?

I don't know about you, but I'm a big fan of long, secure passwords, so it will undoubtedly be quicker for me to authorize a purchase by tapping the back of the phone when I get my 6P than to type in my password.

I don't see how that's a bad thing. Typing the password isn't "work," but if there's a way I can get my content more quickly, while still keeping my device secure from my stepson accidentally charging my account, I'm all for it.

I totally agree, I will be using my fingerprint for the Play Store when 6.0 gets on my Note 5, I should have put my comment was in reference to the idiot Kanye West. Hes whining because his kid bought IAPs but it was his own fault for not requiring the password.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Oh, yeah, well, celebrities...

If I had that kinda money, the kid would have her own device and gift cards added to the account. She could buy whatever she wanted up to her allowance.

Totally agree with you. It's no one's fault but his own for not requiring authentication of purchases. I believe that exists on ios. I'm assuming that's what someone like him uses.

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
Eh, his kid is probably just a member of a few tech forums and was trying to keep up with what's what.