Lost ALL my contacts!!! :( Any resolution??

tylersmith21

Reaction score
I had the Droid 1 and pluged into my computer which had Moto Phone Tools on it. Moto tools tried to conect to Droid, while it was doing so it rendered it useless by blacking screen. Took phone to Verizon and they could not fix, so upgraded to Droid 2 Global but ALL(over 250) contacts are GONE!!!!! I looked in gmail account and gone there also, doesn't gmail do some sort of backup that can restore my contacts to there original state so that I may retreive them again??? I NEED these contacts back and ANY help on my issue would GREATLY be appreciated!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Tyler

nicholb

Reaction score
Have you tried this in Gmail?

Restore contacts - Gmail Help

If you make changes to your contacts that you want to undo, you can restore your full contacts list to an earlier saved version. This allows you to undo changes like:

• Recovering contacts that have been accidentally deleted
  • Restoring contacts after an unsuccessful sync
  • Undoing a recent import
  • Undoing a recent merge
To restore your contacts to a previous version, just follow these steps:

1. Click Contacts.
  2. From the More actions drop-down menu, choose Restore contacts.
  3. Choose the time you'd like to revert your contacts list to (e.g. 10 minutes ago, one hour ago, one week ago, etc). We suggest that you also make a note of the time that you restore your contacts, in case you'd like to return to where you started.
  4. Click Restore. You'll see a confirmation at the top of the screen when the rollback is complete.