Losing LTE, Having to Reboot to Get it Back

npro1464

Reaction score
I love my S3, but the one flaw I've noticed is that Ill lose LTE periodically and I will have to reboot to get it back. Im too late to return or exchange, but if I ask VZ for a new sim or a new S3 would it help? Is there a radio I can flash? Thanks!

Caesars

Reaction score
Have you tried Airplane mood on/off to see if that works?

Return of the Android

Jamis0n

Reaction score
Download an app called phone info.

You can shut off the radio and turn it back on and you get LTE back. They want to slow you down so they switch you to 3G.

jamis0n df
jam.i.s0n xda

-PM Galaxy Mod rls13
-imoseyon kernel/linaro build

Jamis0n

Reaction score
Top selection

ForumRunner_20130112_184347.png

Then press turn off radio and wait til your radio shuts off which takes a few seconds.

ForumRunner_20130112_184401.png

After doing so the bars with show a circle with a slash in it. Then turn it back on with the same button.

And this is what I do when I drop to 3G in a 4G area

jamis0n df
jam.i.s0n xda

-PM Galaxy Mod rls13

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
I love my S3, but the one flaw I've noticed is that Ill lose LTE periodically and I will have to reboot to get it back. Im too late to return or exchange, but if I ask VZ for a new sim or a new S3 would it help? Is there a radio I can flash? Thanks!

Are you in an area with a strong 4G signal? I would pull battery and sim let it sit for about 5 minutes put it back together and then try.... If the problem still persists have VZW replace the SIM card... It is a very well known issue of getting bad SIMS from VZW....

If you are rooted (Since you are talking about flashing radios I am assuming you may be) verify that the Radio you are running coincides with the ROM you are running...

EricUnLtd

Reaction score
Download an app called phone info.

You can shut off the radio and turn it back on and you get LTE back. They want to slow you down so they switch you to 3G.

jamis0n df
jam.i.s0n xda

-PM Galaxy Mod rls13

Yeah, "Phone Info" is great. I use it to turn of LTE. I hardly ever use it anyway.

rexboe

Reaction score
There is an app called restart connection that shuts off the connection and turns right back on. I keep it on my home screen gets 4G back everytime