Losing 3G on Bionic due to AP

w-r-g

Reaction score
I have a Bionic and rooted it and froze most apps on the list and it has been working just fine for 3 weeks. Have not used WIFI at all and decided to turn it on yesterday here at my home. I have a couple radio's here and limited it too an Ubiquiti AP located here in my office. The phone worked fine on WIFI but when I turn off WIFI I cannot get 3G to come back on at all. It will come back upon a batt pull for a couple second then cycle to no data. 1X will come up every once in awhile. If I unplug the AP then 3G comes back and the phone is normal again. I have altered the freq in the AP to no avail as that should not matter anyway as it is not even close to what the phone uses. I would think maybe a frozen app but it worked well for 3 weeks so I rule that out. Stumped , suggestions please! Thanks

Nyteravyn

Reaction score
in that same situation, when you leave the house and are outside of the ap's influence, do you regain 3g capabilities ?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
W

w-r-g

Reaction score
yeah completely regain 3G , actually 200-300 yds 3G pops up

Nyteravyn

Reaction score
then I am pretty sure that's your ap is acting as would a cellular jammer... biggest wave in the pool winS...

Nyteravyn

Reaction score
though it may not be on the same frequency it is still producing stronger wave sines thanthe 3 g tower in your area within the confines of that room/influence area.