Droid X2 on PagePlus: no 3G data; how to fix (or new phone)?

fzzzt

Reaction score
Hello,

I had a Droid X on PagePlus for a number of years and it was great, then started getting unbearably slow, so I "upgraded" to a DX2 I got on eBay. The phone is okay, but since then my 3G has never worked, and I can't figure out why. When I first boot the phone up, it comes on (grey) for 30 seconds or less, then disappears and I can't make it come back. It never turns blue (neither do the bars, usually). I've been using WiFi, which is fine if an AP is nearby that I can use (never when I need it). Texting and calls seem to work fine.

I've tried a factory reset, ESN reset, toggles, airplane mode...it never comes on. GMail etc. just sit there trying to update forever (or until turned off). I don't know what else to try other than another DX2. Any ideas?

If I do get another one, how should I activate it? Previously I just did it online via Kitty, I think, ESN change, then *228 I think it was and that's all I did. Is there a better way? Maybe that is what broke my 3G?

ferret57

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G4
Twitter
ferretfuzzies
When my wifi is on, I have 0 bars. But able to make phone calls and text. 1. Is your background data and data enabled on? 2. Turn off wifi and see then, with data enabled and background data enabled if you get the blue bars. Mine starts off gray then turns to blue when wifi off, and I get 3G.