Loose battery door

gobbles23

Reaction score
I have dropped my phone a couple of times and now my battery cover is loose. I want to buy the extended battery but was wondering if the new battery door would also be loose or fit tight

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
It depends which part is damaged, the phone or the battery door. Look at the prongy clippy dealies (yes that's a technical term) and see if anything looks bent or out of alignment. Then look at the place where they hook in and check for damage there.

tappin and a talkin

ajb3985

Reaction score
If u get the extended battery its better to buy the extended door. I kept the original door on there for a week and it made an indentation on the battery. I was afraid wha long term damage would occur so i bought the new door. I have the commuter case and it works perfect.

qman66

Reaction score
yea placing the extended battery with the standard battery door is dangerous. i tried it for a few hours and wen i pressed the middle of the screen i saw those black marks wen u press the screen too hard even though i wasnt pressing it hard. now i use no battery door, just my case

Rocko

Reaction score
Try bending the prongs on the door outward just a tad and see if it tightens up at all.

OP
G

gobbles23

Reaction score
So far I can't seem to see any problems, but I will try bending the portions a little. Perhaps tonight I will try someone elses to see if it fits tight

wb1960

Reaction score
dont use the battery door at all with the extended battery