Looks Good

VannMann

Reaction score
Love the forum and how its set up. My screen name is VannMann and I am a Super Moderator and themes builder of Windows 7 themes at CreativX.net. I am going to be getting a new Motorola Droid this coming Tuesday (giving Fed-Ex doesn't mess it up) and I always tweak everything I get, From Ipods, PSP, Wii, Xbox360 and soon to be Motorola Droid. I am glad to find a forum that I can call my Android home (man that sounded less G33KY in my head, lol). So if any body can or wouldn't mind throwing me some tips and tricks on how to get started or what to research for the arrival of my phone, I would be oh so grateful. Thanks for a wonderful looking forum. And please do check out some of my themes at CreativX.Net.

Themes by VannMann - CreativX

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Welcome to the forums Vannman....

Where to get started? So many options : ) I really don't have a good answer for you because there is so much info to soak up. I'd say start off in the FAQ section and then go from there.

Enjoy your stay here. Great to have you on board here at DF's

OP
VannMann

VannMann

Reaction score
Thanks bro, im sure after a couple of days tinkering with it Ill get it or Brick it, lol. But either way, i just can't wait to get it in my hands. Will be my first smart phone.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
do you do your own graphics on your site?

OP
VannMann

VannMann

Reaction score
How do you mean, when making my themes for Windows 7? If so then yes. I build the theme from the ground up with photo shop. I put alot of work into all of them. Some of my friends do simple themes and some do bigger themes (more complete overhaul of the .msstyle file). I prefer to do Bigger ones, takes me about a week to a theme, giving my work schedule and all.

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
:welcome: to the forum!

I say dump the windows 7 themes and start studying up on android rom themes :D sooner the better cuz it's inevitable considering you like doing themes :D

This link should get you started: https://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0AcdxIJRSH9ypZGZzc2pxNDlfMjdnazk4OHNxZA&hl=en

As for getting to know your droid here's a few links to check out:

Video Tips and Tricks for the STOCK Droid

The DroidForums STOCK Solutions Thread!

Full Motorola Droid User Guide

Have a problem? Click here to visit the Rescue Squad!

Happy droooooooooooooidddddddd'n :D

OP
VannMann

VannMann

Reaction score
@Corinacakes Thanks so much for the links. I am going to be doing that as soon as I get my head wrapped around the the process. And thank you for the great links, I am sure they will be coming in handy for me in the future. Thank you guys for all the great feedback. I know im going to be here for a while.

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
My Pleasure :D MY first theme request is PURPLE!!! (i give up on pink!! noone likes making pink anymore :()

You get on this.....might even make some cash on it if yur good :D

OP
VannMann

VannMann

Reaction score
LOL, gimme some time and I might surprise ya. And im not in it for cash, lol. Just the fame :D

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
so where does yur name come from? are you the actual guy that lives in a van down by the river? or a van morrison fan? :D

OP
VannMann

VannMann

Reaction score
Its my real name for the most part, lol. It was given to me as a nick name of sorts as a kid, so I just adopted it as a screen name. I am guessing your is about the same?

OP
VannMann

VannMann

Reaction score
Well i hope to see you more around the forums as I go on a learning journey. Very glad to make your acquaintance Corina. You are a gem.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Vann I know a great developer here that is looking for somebody with your specific skills.

I will point him in your direction and if he's interested he will contact you.

great work