Introduction ark(i)tek

ark(i)tek

Reaction score
Hello all - I recently (about 2 months ago) got my Verizon Motorola Droid and so far I am loving it. Glad I didn't get the Iphone as this phone has much more possibility.
I am always interested in modding and customizing things - I have done it on nearly every single electronic device I own (Ipod, Wii, Tivo, computer.....).
I got to this forum after trying to do some research on rooting the phone and to see if there were any good apps to replace things that bug me on the phone (like the stupidest email program EVER).
I did accidentally upgrade to 2.1 (it was really early in the morning) and have experienced a bit of a slower performance. Though I do like the changes. I did also notice that after installing Helix, the performance seems a bit snappier (don't know why).
Anyway - I look forward to learning from you guys and sharing anything I can to be relevant here as well.
Cheers.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Welcome to the board. I am semi retired and read a lot of boards covering a lot of topics/hobbies/etc. and this one is simply one of the best. It has some really helpful and brilliant people and it is well run (no trolling/personal attacks allowed). This board has become my "first read" of each morning. Hope you enjoy it as much as I do!!

OP
A

ark(i)tek

Reaction score
Thanks Bayou - I hope I do too. So far I am loving my droid - and anxiously awaiting a 2.1 root that doesn't involve going back to 2.0 so I can try it.

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Welcome, ark(i)tek! You'll find this to be a very friendly place full of great people and information! Hope you enjoy your time here!

:welcome:

OP
A

ark(i)tek

Reaction score
Thanks Anne. I hope to get up to speed quickly and be able to help other noobs. I have a pretty good handle on computers, etc so I usually only need help with the advanced stuff (hacking, rooting, etc).