Looking to try a different ROM

supermandroid

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto X 2nd Gen
I've been running Liberty for awhile now, and I was wanting to try something that was a bit more blurry. I LOVE how fast and quick Liberty is, but I miss a few of the blur features... the dialer being the main thing.

I was thinking of Rubix blurry, just wondering what the latest version of that one was?

I tried Apex, but I wasn't a huge fan as it just seemed bogged down and less stable than I like... I actually have a nandroid backup of Darkslide4.2 and I really liked how blurry AND fast that was! Only thing is I thought the icons and theme were just too much. If Darkslide could be themed somehow then I would absolutely love that!

jzmax22

Reaction score
Rubix 1.9.7

It flys . Not blurry though. But kicks ass.
Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

mcp770

Reaction score
I prefer the blurless version of RubiX...Focused 1.9.7. Fast as hell and has a new built in OC app that self adjusts to your phone. Awesome battery life. Never tried his blur version because I dislike blur. I went to liberty for a couple weeks and can say with all confidence RubiX smokes it in performance and battery life. On the other hand I do miss the ease and features of the liberty toolbox. Most of which can be done via terminal emulator on rubix though.

jsw6380a

Reaction score
The blurred darkslide isn't a bad choice. That was the first one I ever flashed and enjoyed it for a good amount of time..

No blur for me now though..

KHeeney5

Reaction score
ApeX FTW!!!!! It's fast, and YOU GET TO CHOOSE WHAT BLUR THERE IS!!!!!!

OP
supermandroid

supermandroid

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto X 2nd Gen

Ah, thanks! :)

I prefer the blurless version of RubiX...Focused 1.9.7. Fast as hell and has a new built in OC app that self adjusts to your phone. Awesome battery life. Never tried his blur version because I dislike blur. I went to liberty for a couple weeks and can say with all confidence RubiX smokes it in performance and battery life. On the other hand I do miss the ease and features of the liberty toolbox. Most of which can be done via terminal emulator on rubix though.

I'll definitely give rubix focused a shot as well. Battery life is something that seems to drag Liberty down ever so slightly, but it's still way better than stock. And you say rubix is actually faster than liberty?

Btw, what's the difference between the aosp contacts and the wycontacts?

nybadboy11

Reaction score
whats the difference between rubix and liberty?whats blur?

nybadboy11

Reaction score
thats whats got me fudged up he said faster than liberty! i didnt think any rom was faster than liberty

mcp770

Reaction score
thats whats got me fudged up he said faster than liberty! i didnt think any rom was faster than liberty

Now to Kejar and Rummy's defense Liberty is very fast and a great rom all around. Also keeping in mind all phones are a little different and that is increased with each individuals use and apps. With that said when I switched from Liberty 1.0 to RubiX Focused 1.9.7 I saw a noticable increase in performance immediately. Then I used the custom OC app included that runs a series of tests and sets the best OC for your specific CPU and it became even faster setting my phone at 1.265ghz LV. My battery lasts longer than liberty and I don't have issues with anything. All I can say is make a nandroid and compare. I like Drod69's work and the fact that any questions are generally answered quickly. I miss the toolbox a bit but Drod includes most of the same functions via terminal commands and I can install a theme via clockwork just as fast as toolbox takes to download one. I am looking forward to changelog for 1.5 though.

Aosp vs Wycontacts: From what I gather they are both custom dialers both just have some features the other doesn't as far as customization. Might google specifics.

Blur: basically all the motorola software that includes social widgets, universal inbox, integrated accounts, etc. Blurless just gives you more control imo.

pyroelite

Reaction score
Fusion is the best base layer hybrid - basically an empty canvas with which you can add what blur you like. Needs a cpl build.prop tweaks to get up to speed tho.

But honestly Drod slam dunked blurry 1.8 - with a triple threat of speed, Blur, & scripts. Blur will not slow you down, & if you don't need certain things, freeze 'em with TB.

The more aosp-like a rom attempts to become, just handicaps it by limiting options & generally gets buggy with the locked b/l.

from my DX

salem667

Reaction score
Hey... Drod2169 put out a new blurry version of Rubix... Yes, im on 1.9.7 which is kick ass... but the blurry version is pretty awesome too... Look for urself in his threads... I believe you will like what u see... Now, I wont cut jrummy down... I ran rumm-rx and have bought a all his apps... Very handy and he knows alot and is good... I am just Rubix....
aefd5ae0-f16c-59cd.jpg

Droid X

OP
supermandroid

supermandroid

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto X 2nd Gen
Yeah I was originally waiting for liberty 1.5 and found myself REALLY liking Rubix. Liberty is smoking fast but I've found a few subtle differences (minus the toolbox) that make me prefer Rubix just a little bit more!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App