looking to get a tablet

Tonyr570

Reaction score
hey everybody I'm going back to school and I have been thinking about getting a tablet. I want something to use as a laptop substitute I don't want to drag my xps around and my razr is just a bit to small to use all day. I could manage with my phone but i'd rather not. The nexus 7 seems great but I'm not sure if that will be enough to use daily. It would mainly be used for online assignments, e-mail, internet research, online notes, maybe some e-books, and possibly taking notes depending on how easy it is to do. i've never had a tablet so i'm not sure if a ten inch or seven inch is ideal for what I'm going to use it for. The price of the nexus is really appealing also but I really want the opinion of people who have and use tablets regularly.

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
I sure love my Nexus 7. It is running the newest software (by OTA) and there isn't another tablet out right now that I would rather have. The pricing of the Nexus 7's is simply a bonus in my opinion.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
The Nexus 7 was practically made to be a student's tool, imo. I just can't justify getting one since I own a netbook, but I think it may be on its last legs so I may be in for an Ultrabook or an N7. However, if I had to choose between the two it would be the ultrabook, a tablet can and never will replace a laptop for me. I already had a Xoom and barely used it for the year and a half I had it.

OP
T

Tonyr570

Reaction score
Pat I'm not sure if you use it for this but what is note taking on the nexus like? Also how's the battery life?