Looking for some app ideas - shopping and sounds

WVOz1970

Reaction score
New Droid owner and I'm searching for a few apps.

1) Shopping related - ShopSavvy does a pretty good job looking up items when you scan. Is there something similar that would let you scan an item and then when it pops up, you can enter the price? The thought being you could grocery shop and scan your items, enter the price, and then have a running total so you know what your bill is going to be. Plus, the prices could then upload to help improve the accuracy of local pricing. ShopSavvy doesn't currently let you enter prices.

2) Sound management - On my WinMo phone, I was able to quickly switch between vibrate/silent/etc settings. I'm also interested in some way to set times for audio settings. For example, I'd like to turn off notifications at night, but leave the ringer on. It's a pain to have to go into settings and turn things off/on at night/morning. Suggestions on apps for this?

Thanks!

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
for number 2, beautiful widgets has widgets that you can add to the home page that lets u activate silent, vibrate, etc. or for specified times, locale does that

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
No experience with it but I've seen timeriffic suggested. Try using "profile" as a keyword in your searches.

mendy817

Reaction score
#1: not that i know of, but that sounds like a good idea

#2: i would suggest "Quick Settings" in the market. it parks itself in the pulldown menu if you want it to and is a very quick, easy way to change the volume settings (as well as a million other things). and its FREE