looking for a specific lockscreen app.

Hiphiphooray

Reaction score
I'm looking for a lockscreen app that allows access to specific apps on my phone without actually unlocking my phone. For example, i want friends to be able to pickup my phone and call someone, select a new song, use the internet browser, but not actually unlock my phone. I tried a few different lockscreen apps and they all allow for the lockscreen shortcuts to specific apps, but if your phone is locked, u must unlock it before using the shortcuts. Ideally, the app im looking for would still have the same shortcuts as in widgetlocker, but wouldnt require lock, provide limited access to only the shortcut app, and then have the standard unlock screen as well. anything like this already out there? or is it possible to create something like this? Thanks!

I'm on droid bionic, gingerbread, rooted.

hea88

Reaction score
Divide to lock your mail, calendar, and contacts

Have you tried Divide (
HTML:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.enterproid.divideinstaller
)? Divide creates a second persona for your phone - so you can keep your mail, calendar, and contacts under wraps. This way, you can use your phone without screenlock for the dialer, browser, etc. and your sensitive data is protected by passcode.

OP
H

Hiphiphooray

Reaction score
Divide is probably the closest thing to what im looking for actually. However the only problem i see with that app is that my personal profile still shows all of my regular apps. Is there a way to delete specific apps off of my regular profile to force the business profile to only have access?

hea88

Reaction score
Divide is probably the closest thing to what im looking for actually. However the only problem i see with that app is that my personal profile still shows all of my regular apps. Is there a way to delete specific apps off of my regular profile to force the business profile to only have access?

HipHip,

Divide has a feature called Divide Shortcuts where you can add shortcuts to applications from the personal side. Details on how to set it up here: Divide Shortcuts Extension : Divide Support

If you combine Divide Shortcuts with an app to hide applications from appearing on your personal side, I think you may be able to get your ideal setup!