Looking for a Case.... Screen Wiggle

Tony Romo

Reaction score
I want to protect the Droid as well as maybe reduce the wiggleness of the screen from the slideout.... Any case recommended?

Bodyglove?

Some silicone one?

Is there a case that doesn't let the keyboard slide out, might even be better....

The screen wiggle is really starting to bother me.:icon_ banana:

SwordOfWar

Reaction score
I want to protect the Droid as well as maybe reduce the wiggleness of the screen from the slideout.... Any case recommended?

Bodyglove?

Some silicone one?

Is there a case that doesn't let the keyboard slide out, might even be better....

The screen wiggle is really starting to bother me.:icon_ banana:

I bought one of those hard plastic 2 piece covers for the phone. You cant fit them in the docks with it on, but it does make the screen a bit more tight, since the tabs that grab the phone each over the edge between the screen and the keyboard parts.

It also makes it a little harder to slide the keyboard out. Seems perfect for your complaint, though.

OP
T

Tony Romo

Reaction score
Is a hard cover more protective than a silicon? do they absorb impact better? Where can I buy this?

SwordOfWar

Reaction score
Is a hard cover more protective than a silicon? do they absorb impact better? Where can I buy this?

Never used a silicon so i dont know. Ibought the case when I bought the phone, at an official verizon store. They had several clear-color hard plastic cases. Its a 2 piece. One snaps on top, and the other snaps over the back of the phone.

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
The body glove removes all wiggle for my droid. The protection against bumps and drops is great too, but I love how solid it makes the phone feel more than anything.

bamfsig45

Reaction score
I havent notice the "wiggle" or the "oreo effect" as they called it when the Palm Pre did it. I have the bodyglove case, but I went a few days w/o it too and never noticed this wiggle. I would certainly take it back and have them compare it to other Droids they have in stock. Phonedog.com did a review of the Droid and his too had the wiggle. Maybe I just didnt pay attention or notice.

OP
T

Tony Romo

Reaction score
Verizon didn't have any... is it worth it? Should I order it online? Any other case?

Dandar

Reaction score
Tony, I have the same exact problem with mine. I've already replaced my Droid about 3 times for various reasons and this 4th one now has a loose slider that is wiggly, however I'm past my 30 day period, so I'll have to live with it I suppose.

Having had 4 different Droids, I cannot believe how much each varied in terms of quality. Don't get me wrong, the phone is great in terms of functionality/speed, but damn you would expect a higher quality of design/hardware to match.

I picked up a silicone vase from the Verizon store which definately makes the phone more solid with minimal bulk. The case has a very snug fit, and take away any gap you might have between the sliding pieces. I would also imagine the silicon case provides the best protection in terms of drops and impact absorbtion.

The case does giving the slider a little more resistance, but my Droid stil does open up (come loose) in my pocket which drives me nuts. Also the silicon provides a lot of grip but does kind of make the phone hard to slip into your pocket.

All in all, a pretty good buy, but I'm still going to pick up the seido case to see if that is any better.

Steve H

Reaction score
I have the Body Glove on mine. It adds a bit of bulk to the phone but if you are inclined to drop you phone (like me) I would think you want the BG.

Dream

Reaction score
I have the Verizon shell/holster combo and the Seidio case and I must has the Verizon case make the screen extrememly SOLID. No wiggles and it was very stiff sliding the screen out. The Seidio is a touch looser but still holds the screen in place.

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have the Verizon shell/holster combo and the Seidio case and I must has the Verizon case make the screen extrememly SOLID. No wiggles and it was very stiff sliding the screen out. The Seidio is a touch looser but still holds the screen in place.

I have both as well and actually find the Seidio case to make the phone feel more solid. I'm sure a lot of it depends on the tolerances of your specific Droid. Just like women, some are looser than others.