Compatible Case

spegoda

Reaction score
I have spent the last couple of hours reading over the posts and first, I am glad to know that I am not the only one disappointed with VZN selling a plastic clear cover WITH the car and home docks. KNOWING that is it near impossible to remove the case to use either of the docks. UGH. I have had my Droid now for several months and have been lucky enough to have not dropped or scratched my currently naked phone. Well that is until my 10 year dropped it last night. Luckily no damage was done, but the last 24 hours have consisted of a lot of searching and researching. I probably already know the answer to this, but I am hoping maybe someone has some good news for me. Is there a case that can be used with the docking stations? Without having to remove it each time? I understand that because of the slide out keyboard the case has to come in 2 pieces. This might be wayyyyy to much to ask, but does anyone know of maybe a simply silicone rubber generic case that could be easily removed? I do not use the slideout and do not care if its not accessible while the case is on. My son has the iPhone 3g and his case just ALMOST fits my phone.

Thanks!

PEIwoman

Reaction score
My Seidio case fits fine inside my Seidio docks, car & home.

Beautiful setup.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Candace

Reaction score
also looking for compatible case- Droid 1

I was able to snag the original Motorola Media dock & Motorola windshield mount (I use Google Maps like as my GPS) from Amazon- both for under $20. Only now I'm disappointed there isn't a compatible case for both of these- they are only used with the phone naked. Now I'm looking for a simple silicone case- or leather one that I can easily slide my phone in and out of- before mounting to dock or windshield mount.

OP
spegoda

spegoda

Reaction score
I was able to snag the original Motorola Media dock & Motorola windshield mount (I use Google Maps like as my GPS) from Amazon- both for under $20. Only now I'm disappointed there isn't a compatible case for both of these- they are only used with the phone naked. Now I'm looking for a simple silicone case- or leather one that I can easily slide my phone in and out of- before mounting to dock or windshield mount.

Same position I am in. the silicone iPhone 3G cases come closer than anything I have been able to find so far and that was purely by accident. of course its just to protect the outside. Not functional at all by any means. I really like the Innocase but it doesn't fit either. Just really frustrating. If I want to buy yet another dock and car dock, I am stuck with doing it like this.