Looking for a battery tester

pmeleedy

Reaction score
I always carry a few spare batteries for my Droid Bionic. Unfortunately, sometimes the "charged batteries" get mixed up with "dead batteries". Is there a small portable battery tester to indicate the level of charge left in a particular battery?

This would be very useful so I don't have to install the battery into my phone only to find that it is drained.

Thanks.

yaterml

Reaction score
Not really most simple testers test for voltage more than the charge of the battery but if you pick up a universal battery charger you can plug it in and it would tell you during the battery diagnostic. I have 6 count them 6 stock bionic batteries to make I thought the day. I just have a 5 star keeper that I put my charger cable and the external charger docks in it the and has two pouches that I put charged in one and spent on the other. One of my friend uses masking tape to keep track.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

jayman350

Reaction score
Not really most simple testers test for voltage more than the charge of the battery but if you pick up a universal battery charger you can plug it in and it would tell you during the battery diagnostic. I have 6 count them 6 stock bionic batteries to make I thought the day. I just have a 5 star keeper that I put my charger cable and the external charger docks in it the and has two pouches that I put charged in one and spent on the other. One of my friend uses masking tape to keep track.

wow you should probably just pick up an extended battery (or two at the most) to save yourself some time and effort.

yaterml

Reaction score
6 replacement phones to boot trying to fix this. Recently did a factory reset and I still only get about 2 hours per battery with my data turned off or on 3G. Going to get a different phone.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
6 replacement phones to boot trying to fix this. Recently did a factory reset and I still only get about 2 hours per battery with my data turned off or on 3G. Going to get a different phone.

Without meaning to sound like I don't believe you but 6 phones with the same battery problem?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

yaterml

Reaction score
No, 2 replacements to not-fix the batteries, and 2 to fix-not the feedback produced in external speakers, 1 that came pre-rooted running a rom with windows 7 theme and someone's personal data and pre-broke market that cost me my market since November and 1 to un-fix the lack of 4G connectivity plus 2 sim cards including my original. By "this" I mean the BIONIC itself. I really want this phone to work but I cannot live and work on potential. I got lost because my phone died while plugged into my car dock yesterday and have been written up at work for the disturbance that the phone produces on the speakers at work.

jhom

Reaction score
I always carry a few spare batteries for my Droid Bionic. Unfortunately, sometimes the "charged batteries" get mixed up with "dead batteries". Is there a small portable battery tester to indicate the level of charge left in a particular battery?

This would be very useful so I don't have to install the battery into my phone only to find that it is drained.

Thanks.

Not to sound simplistic, but you can easily solve your potential confusion by keeping the batteries in a separate locations while carrying them. For example, right pocket = fresh battery, left pocket = drained battery. By sticking to the same routine, you should not have a problem. I do this while shooting photography with multiple memory cards.

yaterml

Reaction score
That's what I do with my Five Star keeper.

BroidDrionic

Reaction score
Cripes, the phone should never be able to die while it's in the car dock.
Even with heavy use I would never have to even think of switching out the battery during the day. The only way mine would even drain the battery that quickly (2 hours) is if I was playing 3D-heavy games or something... are you playing games all day when you should be working?! Haha.
But seriously, 6 bionics, 6 batteries, three sim cards.... that's a little bit crazy.
I'm on the same bionic and sim that I got on launch day... so is my wife... and my dad. My mom is on her second bionic (first had a faulty bluetooth radio), but her second has been working just fine.
My amateur opinion of your situation:
USER ERROR

JmEliy

Reaction score
Just use a marker and mark each battery 1,2,3 etc.

yaterml

Reaction score
My personal opinion its poorly trained technicians. There solution for everything is to send out a new phone. The interference from the radio is a hardware issue and is going to carry over from phone to phone. That's a new phone. The broken market was a Google INC issue not a phone issue. New phone and new sim.. The battery life is software, hardware, service towers, and how the technicians have me set up my phone after each replacement. My first BIONIC September last year 8-12 hours November update 6-8 December update 4-6 hours January update 2-4 hours.. Since Google play update 2 or less.