Logitech Harmony Link Transforms Your Android into a WiFi Remote for Whole House

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
[video=youtube;5NVnGxuEOhU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NVnGxuEOhU&feature=player_detailpage[/video]​

Now, here is a great idea that seems both useful and practical for our Android devices. Logitech is planning to launch its Harmony Link Remote technology for smartphones and tablets. This tech will basically transform your Android smartphone into the only universal remote you need for all your home theater needs. Here's a quote from AndroidPolice with the details,
A hundred bucks gets you a Wi-Fi equipped IR blaster box and an app. The box receives commands from your phone over the Wi-Fi connection, and can relay that to up to 8 IR devices in your home theater setup. The Wi-Fi connection means you don't need line of sight to control the TV anymore, so if you want to turn off the TV from the bathroom, you can do that.
The device and app will be available for $100 bucks in October. For now, the only tablet that the Harmony Link will work with is the iPad, but a phone-specific version with some limitations, does have an app and will work fine with Android phones. Logitech is working on an app for Android tablets as well. You can see it demonstrated in the video above.

Source: AndroidPolice

djkms

Reaction score
Awesome. its about time logitech came out with this. I have been waiting forever to replace my harmony one remote with my phone dancedroid:icon_ banana:

sonicxtacy02

Reaction score
Awesome. its about time logitech came out with this. I have been waiting forever to replace my harmony one remote with my phone dancedroid:icon_ banana:

I have the harmony one too, but i'd never give it up for a touchscreen only device. Cant imagine having to look at my remote control every time i wanted to perform a command. I actually can control my tv via the fios app and there's too much thinking to get basic functions done.

Djscrib

Reaction score
I dont understand how men sit like that. Every time i try to get my legs close together my (_))'s hurt. :D