locked up droid

ejcdroid

Reaction score
When I woke up this morning my phone was locked up on a screen that said to may pattern attempts. I never set up pattern lock thing so I don't know what is going on. It is asking me to sign in to my gmail account to unlock it. I don't remember my username or password. I may be screwed please help!!!!!

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
When I woke up this morning my phone was locked up on a screen that said to may pattern attempts. I never set up pattern lock thing so I don't know what is going on. It is asking me to sign in to my gmail account to unlock it. I don't remember my username or password. I may be screwed please help!!!!!

Well, you're not screwed. First remove the battery for 30 seconds and put it back in and see if the phone reboots. If it ask you for gmail account, go to www.gmail.com, log in, and when it says forgot password retrieve it that way.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Is this an unrooted phone? If so, and if no one here can help, a Verizon store or their 800# may be the best route. How long have you owned the phone is another piece of useful information.

There are tools that will reset your phone but then it will want your gmail info again anyways.

I am fairly certain the gmail part can be changed. It is my phone number that is associated with it so unless I am mistaken you could create a new gmail account and proceed down that path.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

Well, you're not screwed. First remove the battery for 30 seconds and put it back in and see if the phone reboots. If it ask you for gmail account, go to www.gmail.com, log in, and when it says forgot password retrieve it that way.

Except he doesn't recall the password or the userid...ouch.

note: your userid will be your gmail email address....if that helps.