Locked out of phone during calls.

SaintDave

Reaction score
I just upgraded from my Droid to a new Razr Maxx, and I have an issue with it locking me out of the phone during calls (kind of).

I use a bluetooth headset and usually keep my phone in its holster on my belt. To conserve battery I have set the screen time out to 2 minutes. When I am on a call, the screen will often time out. The problem is that the power button will hang up the current call. This was not a problem on my Droid. I’m sure somebody thought this was a feature, but I’m locked into using the device as either a smart device or a phone, but not both at the same time.

This is not an issue unless I want to do anything on my phone while still on the call (check calendar, open the browser or any other app, deal with another call, or add another call into conference). I could not find any options in settings to fix this. Verizon tech assistance suggested I increase the screen time out to 10 mins, but that feels like a pretty cludgy solution.

Has anyone else seen this problem? Does anyone else know about an app or similar to fix it?

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
Go to settings, accessibility,then uncheck "power button ends call."

OP
S

SaintDave

Reaction score
Thank you! I knew there had to be an option somewhere.