Locked @ Motrola logo

carmdac

Reaction score
I have rooted several phones as well atleast 5x's on my own. As a newbee feeling more comfy I decided to customize tonight. In doing so I inadvertinly loaded a theme not a rom(Watermark Liquid Frozen Yogurt) I did as instructions say and formatted and repartitioned. I tried Nandroid custom full recovery, no luck. I tried to go back from root to frg22d which worked the last time i bricked while trying to load cyanogen mod 6.0. I also switched back to sprecovery. I am at a loss, Please Help! I think I learned my lesson and will be satisfied w/ just being rooted if I can recover from this.

Last edited:

droidman101

Reaction score
wipe data and cache, then restore a simple nandroid backup of what last worked for you

OP
carmdac

carmdac

Reaction score
I switched to sprecovery and don't know how to flash another recovery, however I did wipe cashe 3 x's and format 3x's. still nothing.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I switched to sprecovery and don't know how to flash another recovery, however I did wipe cashe 3 x's and format 3x's. still nothing.

You do a restore of your back up. That's how you flash recovery.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

hook is correct. If you have a backup (I always do an advanced backup with all options checked off) then you can restore that.

You said you switched back to SPRecovery. If your backups were made with CW then you need to use that to restore those backups.

In the 3rd link of my signature you can use that first post to either use RSD Lite to get back to stock and start over or use the FRG22d as an update.zip to get back to stock by just using SPRecovery (and not needing to use RSD Lite)

Your phone isn't toast (nor a brick), you should be good to go shortly.

OP
carmdac

carmdac

Reaction score
Chris, unfortunately I switched back before the restore. I had thought after fact that I should not have done that. Is there anyway to switch back to clockwordmod if so where can I find it to download and flash through rsdlite?

OP
carmdac

carmdac

Reaction score
Hook or chris, is there a way to download clockwork mod 2.5.0.1 to rsd lite so i can reflash the droid and move foward w/ a restore. I got antsy and tried to restore the way I previously unrooted and started over, not realising til after wards that i should not have done it.

OP
carmdac

carmdac

Reaction score
I'm back, thanks for all your help chris and hook, i found a thread on this wonderful forum which took me back to stock 22d.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I'm back, thanks for all your help chris and hook, i found a thread on this wonderful forum which took me back to stock 22d.

Glad it worked out. Which thread ended up helping you out, in case others stumble upon this thread? Thanks and now that you know how to get back to stock, future endeavors won't be so scary!

droidman101

Reaction score
He did rsd probly...although all he really needed to do was flash a rom update.zip by putting it on sdcard through recovery

OP
carmdac

carmdac

Reaction score
Chris, this is a link to the page i found it at http://www.droidforums.net/forum/rescue-squad-guides/39254-sbf-root-unroot.html #5 and it is frg22d.sbf is the file. I hope this will be of some help to many people. It actually brings you back to frg01b, you have to reprogram phone and all, regardless much better then loosing the phone. from there the phone does the ota frg22d and just re root. I then flashed liquid froyo and the flashed my theme. all is great and super fast.

OP
carmdac

carmdac

Reaction score
I wound up finding your 3rd link in an older post on this site before you posted your reply. I ran frg22d.sbf which gave me frg01b, reprogrammed phone the OTA frg22d appeared instantly. Rerooted flasehed cwmod recovery and reinstalled the proper rom(liquid Frozen Yogurt then installed or flashed watermark theme. Works awesome and seems to be no glitches. thatnks to titanium backup 90% of my apps were restored. I used the standard kernal from lfy and i clocked in @ 1.89 mbps on download and 1.1 on upload using speedtest.net. Much faster then my current dsl on home network. I hope your link ( http://www.droidforums.net/forum/rescue-squad-guides/39254-sbf-root-unroot.html option 5) will help others as it did me.