Locked bootloader...

DaDroidDude

Reaction score
Hi all.

I'm considering upgrading to the Rezound from D1.

I keep hearing that it's got a locked bootloader, but I don't know what that is.

I rooted my D1 with relatively no problem.

I've heard that the rezound can be rooted.
Does a locked bootloader make the Rezound more difficult to root?

Thanks
B

bradh00

Reaction score
I'd upgrade from the d1 to this, its a great phone w/out root. Eventually the devs will crack the bootloader, then we'll be able to flash whatever we want. For the time being though, there is a temp root out to freeze the bloat and all.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah, as it stands there is a temp root method, one that is very simple to do, and you can freeze all the bloat and even remove Sense from the phone, just make sure you install another launcher first.

OP
D

DaDroidDude

Reaction score
Yeah, as it stands there is a temp root method, one that is very simple to do, and you can freeze all the bloat and even remove Sense from the phone, just make sure you install another launcher first.

Awesome!
Would u believe my anniversary date for upgrade I'd December 26.
I have to wait till that day to get $50 off the upgrade and not pay additional $20 for early upgrade!
Can't play w new Christmas present until after Christmas!
Humbug Verizon!
Humbug!
:)
B

OP
D

DaDroidDude

Reaction score
Oops.
IS December 26.

Missed the predictive text mistake.

B

RacingTiger03

Reaction score
Awesome!
Would u believe my anniversary date for upgrade I'd December 26.
I have to wait till that day to get $50 off the upgrade and not pay additional $20 for early upgrade!
Can't play w new Christmas present until after Christmas!
Humbug Verizon!
Humbug!
:)
B

if you go to the store they can move your upgrade date for you, and if you call customer service *611 they are very likely to do it for you also. I came from a D1 to the bionic to the rezound. No regrets on the Rezound, even locked down. This phone is stunning and personally I LOVE sense 3.5. I had a Bugless Beast Gingerbread rom on my D1 with ADW launcher OCed at 1.2ghz.. it's not even a comparison lol.

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
If you didn't already get it, you should have another $50 from Verizon in the mail. Of course I got mine a week after I upgraded.

OP
D

DaDroidDude

Reaction score
if you go to the store they can move your upgrade date for you, and if you call customer service *611 they are very likely to do it for you also.

Been to three different stores in the last couple weeks just to do research.
All three said Verizon cannot move that date.
Not that big of a deal.
I can wait.
Just sayin '

B

RacingTiger03

Reaction score
wow I'm shocked. Even affiliate stores around here like IPT Cellular and Celldeals.com were willing to let me upgrade at least a week early, some as much as 2 weeks. Like you said though, no big deal, but definitely know you wouldn't regret a rezound a bit. but since the Nexus finally launched, take a good look at both, see which one you like the feel of the best! :)