From Droid 1 to Rezound?

mmiillkkaa

Reaction score
I've always loved my Droid, but I think it's time for and upgrade (Verizon is thinking the same thing). I'm beginning to turn into a HTC fan. Unlockable bootloaders, open source kernel, HTC sense. I think it's a big upgrade from the D1.

Anyway, before upgrading to it, I would just like to hear anything that has gone wrong with your rezound, or any good news, like that ICS port I've been reading about.

(This isn't in the wrong section, right?)

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
So far, nothing. The data drops I have experienced have been due to VZW's network, not the phone. Battery life is OK, expected from 4G and an LCD+ screen though. LCD+ screen does us a bit more battery than those other phones that have Super AMOLED (G Nex, Razr, etc...) but it is by far the best looking display IMHO.

I came from the Droid X to the Bionic to the Rezound, and even over the Bionic, there is a noticeable difference in speed and reliability.

I think it will be a good move for you, though, give it time though, the Sense overlay is a lot difference but once you get used to it its nice.

And with an unlocked bootloader, flashable kernels and ROM's, dev work will be great on this phone.

And no, you're in the right section lol.

OP
mmiillkkaa

mmiillkkaa

Reaction score
I think Sense looks pretty good to me, I can get used to stuff like that easy.

I actually just got the AOSP source (I kept having to quit because the download slowed my computer down). I was thinking "Almost nobody is using the D1 anymore... my upgrade is coming up, isn't it?" I also got a market account yesterday :D

HTC phones look like good dev phones to me, plus, I use my phone constantly throughout the day, but, I know all the battery saving stuff. No need for battery apps or anything. I heard those make the battery worse anyway. The best thing is, 4G service is finally in my area.

I've looked at the specs on HTC's website. Tons of internal memory... just what I need. Plus more RAM.

I'm glad I'm in the right section, I never post in the right section... well, in other forums, anyway.

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think Sense looks pretty good to me, I can get used to stuff like that easy.

I actually just got the AOSP source (I kept having to quit because the download slowed my computer down). I was thinking "Almost nobody is using the D1 anymore... my upgrade is coming up, isn't it?" I also got a market account yesterday :D

HTC phones look like good dev phones to me, plus, I use my phone constantly throughout the day, but, I know all the battery saving stuff. No need for battery apps or anything. I heard those make the battery worse anyway. The best thing is, 4G service is finally in my area.

I've looked at the specs on HTC's website. Tons of internal memory... just what I need. Plus more RAM.

I'm glad I'm in the right section, I never post in the right section... well, in other forums, anyway.

It will be a big step up for you coming from the OG Droid lol I think you'll enjoy it. And the nice thing about the Dev community for HTC is that most of the teams are pretty loyal to HTC products and don't miss a beat and seem to always be active.

I love the new Sense, and is far better than Blur for Moto ( I know the OG didn't have it) and adds nice functionality. When ICS comes out for this phone, it'll be a true beast of a phone lol

kimintenn

Reaction score
I also switched from the original Droid (OG Droid) and went to the Nexus when it first came out but had all sorts of signal/connection issues with it. Never had a single problem with the OG Droid, so I know it was the nexus. Not just 4G issues, but poor phone quality too. I traded the Nexus for a Rezound before my return window closed and have been very happy with it. The call quality is just SO much better for me and definitely comparable to the OG Droid.

I will admit that I had a lot of trouble getting used to Sense at first... I've only ever had phones with no overlay so it was a big change and it seemed extra complicated at first. With that being said, after just a couple of days I've pretty much got it figured it out. This board is very helpful when you have questions. A lot of people here have used HTC/Sense before so they know little tricks etc.

I'd definitely recommend going with the Rezound.

tkoehler

Reaction score
I just switched two weeks ago, from OG Droid to the Rezound. Cant believe the speed and everything I have been missing. My only concern is the battery life. I didnt get the extended battery, but I am also not a power user on the phone. But I have noticed it goes by fairly quickly. Very happy now with the phone I got...:icon_ lala:

samiusmc

Reaction score
I went from the OG Droid to the Nexus. It had signal issues, random reboots and the GPS took forever to lock. I think the Nexus is built poorly with inferior parts. I switched to the Rezound and it's the best decision I've made. It's a great phone and I have zero complaints. IMO, it's faster than the Nexus and the Rezound has the strongest signal I've seen.

kimintenn

Reaction score
I just switched two weeks ago, from OG Droid to the Rezound. Cant believe the speed and everything I have been missing. My only concern is the battery life. I didnt get the extended battery, but I am also not a power user on the phone. But I have noticed it goes by fairly quickly. Very happy now with the phone I got...:icon_ lala:
Battery life is a bummer compared to the old 3G phones, but it's that way with all the new ones so I've decided just to accept it. LOL I'm not really a power user either so my battery will usually get me through the day and if not I just charge in the car or at my desk.

I went from the OG Droid to the Nexus. It had signal issues, random reboots and the GPS took forever to lock. I think the Nexus is built poorly with inferior parts. I switched to the Rezound and it's the best decision I've made. It's a great phone and I have zero complaints. IMO, it's faster than the Nexus and the Rezound has the strongest signal I've seen.
I had the same issues when I switched from the OG Droid to the NExus... I'm very happy with my decision to switch to the Rezound. The difference in call quality has been amazing for me. Some people think I may have just got a dud Nexus but I wasn't willing to try out another one to find out.

samiusmc

Reaction score
Battery life is a bummer compared to the old 3G phones, but it's that way with all the new ones so I've decided just to accept it. LOL I'm not really a power user either so my battery will usually get me through the day and if not I just charge in the car or at my desk.

I had the same issues when I switched from the OG Droid to the NExus... I'm very happy with my decision to switch to the Rezound. The difference in call quality has been amazing for me. Some people think I may have just got a dud Nexus but I wasn't willing to try out another one to find out.

It wasn't a dud. I tried another Nexus and it had the same problems. I think they used cheap parts to build the Nexus. How else can you explain a 5MP camera in a top-tier phone?

jeffe65

Reaction score
I came from an OG Droid as well, and I love the Rezound. Sense UI is different, but didn't take long to get used to; I had Launcher Pro on my Droid and put it on the Rezound, so I go between the two depending on my mood that day. I don't miss flashing ROMs for now; I was getting tired of having to whenever the phone couldn't keep up without another update. I wanted a phone where I felt I'd have a choice, that would run well, rooted or not. The Rezound fits that. I did do a temp root and used "CleanTool" (At XDA Developers) to run a script to get rid of bloatware, but that's it.

The only issue I've had was an endless reboot cycle the other day; I was able to stop it by removing the back cover (not the battery) and letting it finish booting that way. It stopped, and when I checked, it had reset its signal to "WCDMA", which isn't available on Verizon's network. I put it back on 3G, shut it down, and when I restarted it, it was fine. Someone had mentioned this is a known bug; one way around it is don't use "Reboot"; use "Shutdown" and then restart from there.

Anyway, the other plus since switching from the Droid is the screen and camera - The screen is so bright and clear it's amazing, and the camera takes great shots in any kind of light, including close-ups. The only thing the Droid had over the Rezound is that it's built like a tank. But it weighed about as much too, so I guess that's part of the trade-off.

dboone04

Reaction score
Seen this thread and thought I was special coming from the OG Droid...clearly the devs kept more of us happy than I thought. Thanks Devs...

anyway you guys that have battery issues are you on 4g all day? What kinda battery life are you guys getting under normal use? I just ask because coming from the og I was worried about battery life.

I currently don't have any 4g access and get a solid 15 hrs of moderate use out of my battery. I'm rooted with stock Rom and kernal runnin profiles with setcpu.
Sent from my KickaSS RezouND using Tapatalk

Last edited:

mschoaf48

Reaction score
I also came from the D1 as of last Friday. I had been eyeballing all 3 of the new phones leaning to the Rezound. Then, the price drop pretty much sealed the deal. So far I'm loving the speed and beauty of this thing. Already unlocked and rooted, but sticking with the rest of it stock for now. I was surprised to like the Sense UI as I'd read some disappointing reviews, but it's not bad in my opinion.

I'm still figuring out battery life. I'm trying with the standard battery for now and it seems to get me through most of the day. Also not a power user, but use it frequently.

Fantastic move as far as I'm concerned.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
If you just got it Friday, by this coming Friday you should be seeing better battery life. Nothing like doubled or anything, they just seem to last longer after they've been charged about 7-10 times

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this TapaTalk post

boggerscbshop

Reaction score
I just returned my rezound for the razor. The reason was because my outgoing audio on Bluetooth was very distorted on three different Bluetooth devices. I tried the jawbone icon, plantronics voyager pro HD, and jabra. All sounded the same. Also I had to put a piece of tape over the second microphone on the phone itself due to the noise cancellation cutting off my voice. Again this is my outgoing audio. I could hear people great. Other than that the phone was great except for the battery life. It totally sucks.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Schimm

Reaction score
If you have a rooted and OC'd OG I'd wait it out until later this year as the kinks are still being worked out of the 4G network, including all sorts of signal and battery issues. The OG is a great phone.

Sent from my HTC Rezound.