From Droid 1 to Rezound?

flyboy472

Reaction score
Upgraded to the Rezound from the Droid 1 a couple weeks ago. The difference between the two phones is night and day. I had become so frustrated with the Droid 1 as it was running slower and slower. It got to the point where every time I hit the home button I was faced with a homescreen redraw. Just about every app was slow to load, I would run into problems answering calls, then started having trouble with the touchscreen. The phone was unrooted, and I'm sure I could've eeked better performance out of it had I rooted and OC'ed it.

I can tell you this, I definitely do NOT regret upgrading to the Rezound. This phone is EXTREMELY responsive, everything opens/reacts right away. I have not rooted the Rezound, nor have I run the CleanTool script on it yet. Out of the box this phone has performed amazingly!

JTAC

Reaction score
I have to agree with everything you have said. I had the OG Droid, then Thunderbolt, Galaxy Nexus...which I returned for the Rezound. Now that I have the Rezound...I love it. Only thing I miss from the Nexus is ICS.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

mjones73

Reaction score
If you have a rooted and OC'd OG I'd wait it out until later this year as the kinks are still being worked out of the 4G network, including all sorts of signal and battery issues. The OG is a great phone.

Sent from my HTC Rezound.

I love my OG, I'm about ready to throw it through a wall though. I believe most of the apps today have gotten more demanding on resources and the D1 just can't keep up anymore. I use mine as a GPS/music player when I drive and more times then not, one of those two apps just goes away while I'm using them due to not enough memory on this phone.

I'm mulling between a GNex and a Rezound now and I'm leaning towards the Rezound due to the price drop, the fact it's been perm rooted and the better car dock..

Insidious

Reaction score
I second macpro. The screen is beautiful IMO, incredibly crisp

jchammer123

Reaction score
I had my mind made up that I was getting the gnex, and then the price dropped on the rezound and I saw the issues people were having with the gnex so I went for the rezound. I couldn't be happier!!! I never thought I would like a manufacturer's skin, but I love sense on this thing. Amazing phone!!!