Contacts To Voice Your Concerns about S-Off (Including Petition Link)

dccoh

Reaction score
I know alot of people are upset over having to wait on S-off, while watching other phones, like the newly released Nexus get unlocked fairly quickly.

Have you checked over at the Galaxy Nexus forums? One could easily get jealous that they already have the ability to flash undervolted kernels, new streamlined roms, radios, etc.

I consider the HTC Rezound cream of the crop, and would love to tweak it out before Christmas.

Well, I say we as a whole contact HTC and Verizon and let them know we are displeased with the current locking of our Rezound. I can understand the reason for locking, but what about other devices on the network? The Galaxy Nexus has been unlocked and rooted without any sort of hassle. This is causing those that are impatient to jump the HTC Rezound ship and head over to the nexus.

Those that havent jumped, are probably contemplating, that is including some devs i'm sure.

Earlier this year, Peter Chou, CEO of HTC states on Facebook and Twitter that they will no longer be locking the bootloaders on their 2011 and newer devices, yet somehow this was not the case for the Rezound.

If you would like to, contact Verizon and HTC and voice your opinion. While it may be futile, not voicing yourself surely wont help :) Maybe they will get tired of our complaints, and do something about it. HTC has to of felt a little burn with people going over to the Nexus already, so maybe they would love to keep that from happening more.

HTC's Twitter message about no longer locking bootloaders

HTC's Facebook page about no longer locking bootloaders

For those that don't know, Verizon do have support forums, and here is a complaint topic regarding the HTC Rezound's locked bootloader, so voice yourself there too (please stay faithful to your current forum, my intent is not to have you move to a different forum).

Daniel Mead CEO Verizon Wireless
Cell Phones - Smartphones: Cell Phone Service, Accessories - Verizon Wireless
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Peter Chou CEO HTC
HTC - Mobile Phones, Smartphones, Cell Phones, PDAs

Lotus Chan VP HTC

Mark Baker Senior Director Enterprise Business Unit Americas HTC

Maggie Cheng Public Relations HTC

Benita Tiongson USA Services Team HTC
[email protected]

John Wang Chief Marketing Officer HTC
[email protected]
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Larry Page CEO Google (have found his Google + page, but still looking for his email)
http://plus.google.com/106189723444098348646/posts

Eric E. Schmidt Executive Chairman Google
Yahoo! (funny that a exec at Google uses yahoo still?) :)

Google Customer Support Phone Number
650-623-4000

If you do anything, whether its contact them via twiiter, Facebook wall, email, remember to be courteous and respectful. Let them know you are a unhappy consumer that loves the phone, but not in love with their locking it down like it is, and against what they promised earlier this year.

As a whole, we might get heard, and who knows, maybe Christmas will come early:) I'm aware that once I bought the HTC Rezound, that I was taking a gamble on how soon if at all S-off would come. It is my second smartphone, following my HTC Incredible, and with all the choices out there, I still come back to HTC.

Squeaky Wheel gets the grease.

Serinety has renacted their petition. Rather than me start one up, please refer to their thread to sign the petition, and still use this thread to contact Verizon, HTC, and Google to get them to give us some Bootloader freedom.
HTC Rezound Petition

Note: I'll add contact info as I find / get them. If you have information that you feel would help out this thread, please let me know.

cp24eva

Reaction score
I think I will put all these head honchos on one e-mail and express my love for the phone and at the same time express my desire for s-off.

OP
D

dccoh

Reaction score
Yea, thats what I did. I emailed one and bcc'ed the rest of em all in one shot.

cp24eva

Reaction score
I just did it. i got a returned e-mail from the benita person. seems that address isn't valid anymore. I had a nice long e-mail on how much I love their device, but really want s-off. I gave them many kudos while throwing in the strong desire for s-off. Might not affect them nor get a response, but it's worth a shot. I love this phone. I can't wait to see what better actually looks like.

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
I signed the petition, but I think that at the end of the day, they will have 500 signatures, compared to the 250,000 Rezounds that they sold so far and they will just ignore it.

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
I signed the petition, but I think that at the end of the day, they will have 500 signatures, compared to the 250,000 Rezounds that they sold so far and they will just ignore it.

Verizon will ignore it anyway...they're Verizon, that's what they're good at. Everyone should know by now that if you don't get what you want from them at the exact moment you hand them money....you're screwed. I actually hate to bring this much negativity but it's the truth.

Edit:
Ok, to turn my negative into a positive I lodged a complaint with the FCC regarding Verizon's illegal use of marketing/advertising tools on the Rezound. More specifically how they have locked apps and advertising(hyperlinks) onto the phone which cannot be removed unless the device itself is unlocked. As it uses the block C spectrum which Verizon bought, I added the mention of the "locking and blocking" provision and cited that the Razr suffers the same fate while the Galaxy Nexus does not.
Licensees offering service on spectrum subject to this section shall not deny, limit, or restrict the ability of their customers to use the devices and applications of their choice on the licensee's C Block network, except:
(1) Insofar as such use would not be compliant with published technical standards reasonably necessary for the management or protection of the licensee's network, or
(2) As required to comply with statute or applicable government regulation.

Having the FCC on my side is much preferable to a petition any day...especially when we all know how wrong Verizon is.

Last edited: