Lock Screen

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
What's up everyone. Was wondering if anyone has had any luck with customizing their lock screen? Also if anyone has also unlocked developer options what has been done with them?

I am running Zooper and Nova on my T2. Has anyone been able to customize their lock screen with these? I have seen several setups on G+ of people seeing different clock widgets and weather widgets along with different icons on their lock screens.

If you have had success with the lock screen can you post them up and maybe a link or short tutorial on how to do so without root access? If you have developer options unlocked what is their usage?

Thanks for any help

Sent from my T2

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
I don't like having anything on my lockscreen except for the time and my camera icon for instant access to my camera. I am interested in seeing your setup once you're done. (I may have to change my stance)

S5 tap'n

OP
252chevyboyz

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Was thinking about changing up the icons for camera and call. Also changing up the clock widget to a minimal clock and maybe a little smaller. Just can't figure out how to change the lock screen on my T2. Good to have something boggle my mind though :)

Sent from my T2

Reactions: cr6

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
There are several lockscreen replacement apps in the play store. I've tinkered with a few over the years, but don't really trust them with securing my phone.

I was pretty sad to see android move away from lockscreen widgets. I enjoyed using them. I had a better clock and weather right on my lockscreen when I had a device that supported them.

As for changing the lockscreen on a device without a third-party app, Idk if that's possible on the T2.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Good old Widget Locker... :( Was a great lock screen replacement before it was abandoned in 2013.
Can I get a refund?!? :D

//edit//
Believe it or not, Microsoft's Lock screen gets pretty good reviews. I tried it WAY back when it first came out. Not my cup of tea, but you may like it:
Next Lock Screen - Android Apps on Google Play

Last edited: