Location of USB Port

shankomatic

Reaction score
Just got my Bionic, like on my Original Droid, and a other previous phones, the USB port is on the left hand side of the phone. Typically I like to charge my phone in my car, and when I stop in a parking lot or at a stop light I like to check messages real quick, or setup navigation. My question is why do almost all of these vendors put the USB port on the left hand side.

With the phone plugged in on the left hand side it is a pain the use from the drivers seat of a car (except for countries with right hand drive cars). Do the engineers never realize this?

idefiler6

Reaction score
It's more than likely (excluding Thunderbolt) so that you have to buy their docks. Clever.

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
They knew what they were doing. Why do you think there are so many docks out for the Bionic? The usb and hdmi ports are on the left for docking purposes.

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
Yeah it's annoying, but the majority of peoplewho use these phones probably hold it in their right hand and if that charging port were simply switched to the right then it would be in the way when holding the device. They would have to also move it up in order to put it on the right but that's around the area where the volume buttons are. Seems like they would have to rethink a lot just to make people who are charging in their vehicle happy.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

jleeusa

Reaction score
Hey us lefties didn't have many things made to suit us, give us something. Ha ha.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums