locale on droid

mouthfull

Reaction score
Anyone been using this app on their droid? It can't seem to get my location correctly and doesn't seem to use the GPS with the plugin installed. Otherwise, seems like an awesome app.

Odysseus

Reaction score
Doesn't work for me, I'm guessing its need updating for 2.0.

spikejnz

Reaction score
Locale worked for me just fine. However, sitting in my house, it would frequently switch from Default to my Home profile, and make noise every time. I eventually just enabled the Power Control widget and ditched Locale. When they fix it, I'll likely try it again!

keiichi25

Reaction score
Locale worked for me just fine. However, sitting in my house, it would frequently switch from Default to my Home profile, and make noise every time. I eventually just enabled the Power Control widget and ditched Locale. When they fix it, I'll likely try it again!

Locale's GPS Location section seems bugged for the Motorola Droid, but I someone in another thread mentioned using Timeriffic, which is something I am going to test today for my Auto on/off desire. I do have the Power Control Widget running, but wanted something where it would do it based on conditions so I don't accidentally leave something on.

OP
mouthfull

mouthfull

Reaction score
Just noticed today on the app market on locale. It says "Nov 9 A few bugs on droid, fixes coming soon"

Guess its just a matter of waiting now...

keiichi25

Reaction score
Unfortunately, the location part is still not working as intended, at least, not from what I can tell.

Stigy

Reaction score
Unfortunately, the location part is still not working as intended, at least, not from what I can tell.
Correct...

I believe the people who wrote Locale KNOW the bugs exist and are currently working on a fix for them.

keiichi25

Reaction score
I got the .692 beta from today's update, which is why I stated doesn't seem to have been fixed yet. So no need to harass them about it, they are probably still needing to get a Droid to test it out. :)

jdubbs23

Reaction score
I got the app first thing when I got my droid cause I think the potetnail is amazing. I haven't mentioned any problems with it because I know the device and 2.0 is new and they are probably updating it. I got the latest update that came out today as well, and it still doesn't work with GPS location yet. I'm not complaining, as I expect more updates as they fix these issues, I'm just pointing it out in this thread.

halo0

Reaction score
I got the update too, still doesn't seem to work for me. How big are you guys making the circles around your locations?

keiichi25

Reaction score
Okay... Well, now some of it sort of makes sense, but also doesn't make sense. Location, I was under impression it homes in on your location for the origin, but it looks like it doesn't do that. I now got it setup a little differently, now I have to test it, although even with the circle as 'tight' as possible, that is a large area.

Odysseus

Reaction score
It works for me since the update. I got to school today and my phone went into vibrate mode. :)

Quickster357

Reaction score
There's a known bug with the location detection ((a)GPS and Cell tower triangulation) for Google maps on the Moto Droid. As you can see Locale uses Google maps and with the location bug i'm certain it affects Locale. We probably won't see it function 100% properly until Dec. 11th when the new update rolls out and Locale is updated to play nicely with Android 2.0. Otherwise this app works okay with my Droid. Doesn't always work, but it's a very cool app. I wish there was another way to add another location on the same situation and the possibility to make square ones and not circles. I would also like to have smaller spots in a big circle invert color to normal as so it would go back to default settings. Then this app would be PERFECT.