locale on droid

halo0

Reaction score
It has my wifi signal too. If the app can't figure out how to not randomly switch modes whenever it loses a GPS signal then it is simply useless. If it loses a signal then it should simply stay in the mode it's in until it receives conflicting information.

brian.bsi

Reaction score
Locate

I love the idea of this app. H#ll I would even pay for it if they could get the gps to work correctly. For now I have uninstalled it. It seemed to me that the gps plug in effect the way the gps in maps worked. It would report incorrectly to the same location locate put me for about a min. I will defiantly reinstall the app as soon as it works with the Droid

jmilt13

Reaction score
I concur that its still not working with the most recent update, GPS is out of whack.

Hope it gets fixed soon...

jmilt13

Reaction score
Check that..

I just downloaded 0.694 and it appears to be working, will confirm later today when I leave the house.

0.693 definitely did not work.

brian.bsi

Reaction score
I sent the developer problem request. They just replied with a new version on the market place. The GPS seems to work. I had to have the GPS plugin UNinstalled. With it install it did not work. could some else confirm. Version .694

Brian

shugknight

Reaction score
Hey Guys, Just signed up. Just wanted to chime in and say that Locale has worked great for me today. I recently uninstalled it, but then saw it came out with an update. So I gave it another shot. GPS was working really well, although I did see that my GPS icon was blinking almost throughout the day. About 5 minutes from leaving my house, my phone went into default.

I had to rearrange my work location as I'm near O'Hare Airport and for some reason it couldn't pick up my exact location (few blocks off) After I adjusted that, everything worked like a charm. Ringers and silence mode both came on as well as wallpaper changes.

kaorte

Reaction score
I haven't had a problem with the GPS other than it takes a few minutes for it to update. It took a bit of fiddling to get the GPS right but it does work now and has since I got my droid on november 6th.

DroidxRage

Reaction score
Didn't read the whole thread, but mine works fine, even without having GPS turned on.

Regular cell signal is enough to triangulate my position. Turns my phone on vibrate at work, and back to ring as well as connecting to my Wi-Fi network when I get home.

halo0

Reaction score
Funny, mine just switched from work to default while sitting in my office. A nice loud DROOOIIIID rang out across the building.

Luxferro

Reaction score
I put Locale on my phone yesterday, bought the shortcut addon. So far this app seems useless to me, in that it never works when it's supposed to.

I tried to set it up to turn on my wireless at work and home, and have left GPS on so it can know where it is. but it doesn't seem to ever work.

I also set up another set of rules that would put my phone in multimedia mode (using dockrunner shortcut) when plugged/unplugged. worked fine at home during testing. but just like 30 minutes ago at lunch I looked at my phone and it had went into multimedia mode by itself - via locale most likely.

Maybe when they make it work better on the droid, i'll revisit it. Think I'm gonna uninstall it for now.

DroidxRage

Reaction score
Strange, I haven't had one issue with it and I never even have my GPS turned on. Works flawlessly for me, even before the last update.

Setting the GPS location can be a bit tricky as far as the GUI is concerned. Are you guys seeing situations appear in the setup list after you add conditions?

Anything I can offer to help, just ask, because mine works great and is probably the best app I have other than my Home Screen Replacement.