locale on droid

OP
mouthfull

mouthfull

Reaction score
Google maps puts me right at my front door when I'm home, Locale won't even get my state right.

mrredskin

Reaction score
still won't work for me, either. not fooling with it til i see there's an update. Tulsa and OK City isn't exactly East TN

Stigy

Reaction score
Even though the GPS does not work 100% in Locale its definitely worth setting up other rules based on the other conditions.

I already have multiple rules setup for plugged in, calendar events and battery percentage.

Even without the GPS the app is amazing.

OP
mouthfull

mouthfull

Reaction score
still won't work for me, either. not fooling with it til i see there's an update. Tulsa and OK City isn't exactly East TN

weird, that's where it says I am too. Not even close

M1dnite

Reaction score
It works well with me. You should have on WIFI too. It connects to hot spots around the area to get a location as well. Also, every 10 mins it updates. Mine has been working well since last Sunday. Make sure Wifi and GPS is on, and it should work for you.

M1dnite

Reaction score
I got the update too, still doesn't seem to work for me. How big are you guys making the circles around your locations?

For work, I covered the whole block, just to be sure, and for home i cover 4-6 houses.

Last edited:

keiichi25

Reaction score
I see it working now, not as 'zippy' on the change overs or following the radius of the location as specified, but eh... For a free app, it does the job within reason. :)

M1dnite

Reaction score
I see it working now, not as 'zippy' on the change overs or following the radius of the location as specified, but eh... For a free app, it does the job within reason. :)

it checks every 10 mins.... Sometimes if you want it to work instant you will need to click on the icon and it'll search to see where you are at. I use it as a back up reminder if I forget to put it on vib at church or something.

mrredskin

Reaction score
still not working for me. and you don't need wifi on if there's no wifi to connect to.

Stigy

Reaction score
still not working for me. and you don't need wifi on if there's no wifi to connect to.
I am sure the release notes/change log will let us know when the GPS on the Droid has been fixed.

Just be patient :D

M1dnite

Reaction score

Regardless it uses it to gain your location. For example, when I am driving there are WIFI's that I hit. And it ses it that to determine my location with the GPS. Try it before you knock it and read the FAQ. It's in there.

OP
mouthfull

mouthfull

Reaction score
Just downloaded an update this morning and for the first time it knew I was "home"!

Last edited:

halo0

Reaction score
I got the update too, still doesn't work. It jumps back and forth from home to default when I'm at home!

Odysseus

Reaction score
Of course the gps is funky indoors. The signal is being blocked...