Local radio station app for Droid?

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
There is an app for the iPhone, Blackberry, and WinMo that allows you to listen to local radio stations in your area. I have a morning show that I love listening to and was wondering if anyone knows of an app like this for Android. The name of the app for the iPhone is called Wunderradio. Here's a link to it:

WunderRadio

mrharrisons

Reaction score
Streaming Boston's Howie Carr of WRKO and Steve LeVeille of WBZ 1030

I feel your pain. I live in rural northwest Washington, but wish to find a droid app that allows me to listen to my favorite local Boston radio talkers Howie Carr of WRKO and Steve LeVeille of WBZ 1030. Without such an app allowing me to stream local radio as I can on AT&T's Iphone( when I am in the 2 square miles of Washington that AT&T network covers) being available on Droid; it is nothing more than a paper weight to me. Where's all the streaming radio station apps for Droid??????

Star1021Scott

Reaction score
Check the APP Market for iheartradio, if it's a clear channel station, chances are its in there.

mopar

Reaction score
I downloaded it last night. Works and sounds good check it out.

Reaction score
Also check out Streamfurious it works on mp3 streams/with shoutcast. or droidlive, or moodio.

Last edited:
OP
JhankG

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
This thread was brought back from the dead! Unfortunately, neither of the two local stations are clear channel stations, so iheartradio won't work.

Anyone know of an app that has some radio stations who cover NFL games?

Sleeve

Reaction score
Try Cherry Rplayer. It has WBZ AM Boston, among many others missing from iheart, and it doesn't have a lower case i in it.

Also, if you know the streaming URL for any station not listed, go into the World/Live tab and choose Add Channel.

Last edited:

Technoman

Reaction score
There is an app for the iPhone, Blackberry, and WinMo that allows you to listen to local radio stations in your area. I have a morning show that I love listening to and was wondering if anyone knows of an app like this for Android. The name of the app for the iPhone is called Wunderradio. Here's a link to it:

WunderRadio

I actually emailed WunderRadio from the customer service link to ask about an Android APP. Apparently they are not interested in developing one as they just blew me off. The problem that we have with the Droid at this time is the lack of Flash and some other Web based integration. Once these are available, problems such as this will go away.

Adobe is supposedly working on Flash and will be releasing it in early 2010.

I also contacted Monsoon Multimedia about a player for HAVA video streaming device. They are releasing one also in early 2010.

My advice is use those customer service links everytime you don't find an APP. The more we ask the more likely we will get their attention.

will266

Reaction score
good selection through iheartradio in the Richmond, VA area. Played well on 3G- could move between stations quickly, no Force Closes. Good, free app if you want to stay on top of local events, sport, etc, else just Pandora or Slacker, etc.

Reaction score
does anyone know of a radio app that has specifically has KUFO 101 in portland oregon? was a cbs affliate but now owned by alpha. currently in phila area and looking to listen to kidd chris. when flash becomes available i guess i can just stream from website. TIA.