ljn

Sutakodomo

Reaction score
Stalled semi functional widgets

I'm OTA 2.2 rooted. I use launcher pro plus. I've noticed that my widgets become semi unresponsive multiple times a day.

Fancy widgets the clock will stop but the 3 actions from hitting the weather/date/time still work.

ex: The actual time will be 3pm and fancy widgets or other clock widgets will show 1:15pm

My wifi is on but the wifi toggle will say it is off. I can still toggle it on or off but no animation/color change happens.

My launcher pro plus contacts widget will expand and overlap everything on the page. I have to trash it and put it on the page again.

My battery may be at 5% but my battery widget will show 20%

Any suggestions?

Edit: My sister's droidx is doing the same thing. She is OTA 2.2 using launcher pro.

Last edited:

Desicrator

Reaction score
Hmm may not be super helpful but maybe check to see what is running maybe there is just alot of bloat. Another option would be to flash a rom. Cause they all are faster.than the stock moto droidx software. But def check for that.bloat first and if you haven't used titanium back up to kill some you might wanna, especially if your like me and didn't use the Verizon stuff. Cause that and some moto stuff tends to try to keep running no matter what

Swyped from DROID X, so grammer could be awful.

RedBank

Reaction score
Similar problem here...but it just started happening to me last week...widgets were fine for the past month. Did you read the LauncherPro site...he said there was a widget situation the other day. The latest update was supposed to fix...but many have had to remove and do a clean install

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm OTA 2.2 rooted. I use launcher pro plus. I've noticed that my widgets become semi unresponsive multiple times a day.

Fancy widgets the clock will stop but the 3 actions from hitting the weather/date/time still work.

ex: The actual time will be 3pm and fancy widgets or other clock widgets will show 1:15pm

My wifi is on but the wifi toggle will say it is off. I can still toggle it on or off but no animation/color change happens.

My launcher pro plus contacts widget will expand and overlap everything on the page. I have to trash it and put it on the page again.

My battery may be at 5% but my battery widget will show 20%

Any suggestions?

Edit: My sister's droidx is doing the same thing. She is OTA 2.2 using launcher pro.

I would try backing up your desktop/settings through Launcher Pro and uninstall and reinstall the program. Then restore your desktop/settings.

I switched from Launcher Pro to ADW Launcher because I was having issues. I loved LP customization but had to change because of icons and other issues.

OP
S

Sutakodomo

Reaction score
I backed up LP settings this morning then unistalled LP and installed it again. In less than an hour my widgets were frozen. I've seen some posts where people were having the same problem on ADW. So I'm running that today to see if anything happens.