Razr after 4 days...

SnoDrtRider

Reaction score
I really like this phone... even the Blur/not Blur UI is decent.
I like the dialer works like a dialer should... start entering numbers and it makes suggestions.
Widgets are OK but not what I was looking for. Bookmarks widget is lame, Calender Widget is OK, Clock Widget... well I prefer a digital clock.

I used Launcher Pro + on my OG loved those widgets

Problems solved...

Fancy Widgets for the clock/weather

Android Pro for Bookmarks and Calender Widgets... The free version is great and I liked it so much I bought the paid (1.99) version to thank the developer... Really nice work:hail:

Thach

Reaction score
I pretty much agree with all your points. I am using ADW launcher ex and a few other widget apps to replace that stock Widgets to get what I am looking for in a screen. All in all, I am impressed with this phone and super happy with my choice in getting this.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

vonfink13

Reaction score
had mine since friday..and i am loving it..love the feel of it...the speed...the weight...it is all good...i like to keep mine pretty stock..i do have beautiful widgets for a home screen...and some nice skull toggles...the blur ui doesnt bug me at all....i use pure calendar to sync up all my calendars...i have til next week to decide if i am gonna keep this phone....got it @ best buy..if i had to decide today ...it would be staying...

Olmanrivah

Reaction score
I like mine, but, battery life sucks, just like the OG Droid.:sorry:

mthorn79

Reaction score
Everyone keeps mentioning battery life sucking...compared to what?! Ive owned the OG Droid, HTC Inspire, HTC T-Bolt, Moto Triumph & Captivate....so far this phone has been surprisingly good on battery. I ride the bus to work everyday (45 min trip) Im on this phone constantly with full 4G coverage, when I had the T-bolt the battery would be at 65% when I got to work. On this phone it was at 80-85%...Id say thats a plus over most smartphones especially on 4G. I couldnt be happier with my battery life!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
I think the RAZR has the potential to be a long lasting device. Considering most devices are getting bigger, the weight and thiness of it make really attractive, for the common user that could care less about modding and just wants a comfortable device that works the RAZR is the ultimate choice and will be for awhile regardless of ICS or quad core devices.

Deron

Reaction score

My battery experiments are showing that Droid Razr is actually better than Droid X doing various activities. In addition, the WiFi on the Droid Razr really extends battery life compared to 3g or 4g. And using the smart action app to turn off cellular data while the screen is off slows passive battery drain dramatically. In all, I'm finding the Razr to be an improvement from my previous phone, as long as I don't turn on 4g.

Details on the battery experiments will be posted within a week. Stay tuned.

Last edited:
OP
SnoDrtRider

SnoDrtRider

Reaction score
Battery Life is on par or better than my D1... no complaints here. The screen is beautiful... anyone complaining about the screen is looking at it through a microscope. The screen is even attractive when it is off, when lights reflect off of it it has a refractive/Polarized quality.

BlownSi05

Reaction score
Battery Life is on par or better than my D1... no complaints here. The screen is beautiful... anyone complaining about the screen is looking at it through a microscope. The screen is even attractive when it is off, when lights reflect off of it it has a refractive/Polarized quality.

I got mine yesterday, and while I will hold off on commenting on battery life until I have it for a few more days, I will say the screen is pretty. It is not the iPhone screen I just came from, but it is very nice. People who are complaining about the screen are just being way over critical. If you want the best looking screen out there, buy an iPhone. Otherwise, stop complaining.

Deron

Reaction score
If you want the best looking screen out there, buy an iPhone. Otherwise, stop complaining.

Or they should wait for the Samsung Galaxy Nexus.

I agree. Besides, your eyes adjust to whatever phone you have once you've used a particular device for a while. Shoot, I still play Xbox 1 games on my 6 year old television and think the graphics are amazing.

arabstar1982

Reaction score

I work third shift and while I am at work, I have smart actions that turn off the cellular data so that it isnt constantly trying to get data and push emails and such to my phone while I am in the hospital. I have noticed though that the phone idle and cell standby eat a lot of battery up... Being in my pocket for 8 hours after a half hour conversation to work, I am down to 40-50% when I get out of work - while not terrible because I am going home and can charge it... just seems like its eating a lot of battery while I am at work when the Bionic I had only ate 10-30% of the battery. The phone is on the charger all day until I wake up, so on average its off the charger about 12-13 hours. Any ideas?

cece5702

Reaction score
Ok, so whats the use in getting a 4G if your not going to use it? I'm asking for learning purposes. Does the phone run the same in 3G or is it that your battery drains faster in 4G so you prefer 3G? If the performance is the same, I would use 3G also. All I want is speed for surfing and viewing videos. If 3G can do what I want, I'd keep it set to 3G also. :)
My battery experiments are showing that Droid Razr is actually better than Droid X doing various activities. In addition, the WiFi on the Droid Razr really extends battery life compared to 3g or 4g. And using the smart action app to turn off cellular data while the screen is off slows passive battery drain dramatically. In all, I'm finding the Razr to be an improvement from my previous phone, as long as I don't turn on 4g.

Details on the battery experiments will be posted within a week. Stay tuned.

mthorn79

Reaction score
Ok, so whats the use in getting a 4G if your not going to use it? I'm asking for learning purposes. Does the phone run the same in 3G or is it that your battery drains faster in 4G so you prefer 3G? If the performance is the same, I would use 3G also. All I want is speed for surfing and viewing videos. If 3G can do what I want, I'd keep it set to 3G also. :)

Read my post from Page 1...Im using 4G constantly and getting alot better life than the juice sucking Thunderbolt.

masterpeace1960

Reaction score
Just got my new Motorola Razr today...I had a lot of problems with the Motorola Bonice Phone...I had the Razr a few hours I am really enjpoy it...WOW it's fast as crap...:icon_ banana:

Deron

Reaction score
Ok, so whats the use in getting a 4G if your not going to use it?

Oh I didn't say I wasn't gonna use 4g. In fact I'm gonna watch some Bleach on Netflix app while on dinner break and I'll use the 4g network. I choose to use it when it makes the most sense, like when I am away from home and there is no good wifi connection but still close to wall outlets so I can recharge easily.

If I want to extend battery I use 3g. If recharging is convenient I use 4g. It's cool that we can choose which to use.