Live Weather Wallpaper

Kahil

Reaction score
This is my first Android app! :) All proceeds from this app will be donated to cancer patients in need. I hope you try it and like it. If you do like it, please rate it high, comment and recommend to others. Thank you!!!

I dedicate this app to my husband Blake and to all others out there fighting cancer.

Live Weather Wallpaper for Android is a live wallpaper that will display your current weather conditions via high-res wallpaper images. Once you set the location in the settings, the app will download the current weather information via the Google Weather service. Our app is only as accurate as the Google Weather service is, so with that in mind we recommend setting your location using zip codes. International users should note that locations outside of the United States are limited by the Google Weather service. Should the weather service report a weather condition that we do not have an image for, a notification will display in the status bar letting you know and giving you the option of reporting it to us so we can update as soon as possible. To save valuable space and resources on your device, we use high-res static (non-animated) wallpaper images stored remotely and the app will only store a single image on your device at any one time.

You will also find a few options in the settings to enhance your experience. There are several refresh intervals to choose from: 30 minutes, 1 hour or 12 hours. Would you like a quick way to view the current weather information? We've got a setting for that as well. Simply enable the touch display options If you enabled the touch setting, then by doing a quick double tap on the device screen, a quick popup will show you the current weather condition and temperature. Why isn't there an option for using GPS to set your location? We opted to not enable this feature in order to cut back on battery use and device resources. Had we enabled this, then the more your location changes, the more device resources and battery usage would be used during the more frequent updating.

LiveWeather.png

OP
Kahil

Kahil

Reaction score
Updated

Heya,

The app has been updated and now features sunrise/sunset images, custom update intervals and several performance fixes.

If you like the app, please give it five stars and a nice comment so the app can be successful and help more cancer patients in need.

OP
Kahil

Kahil

Reaction score
More screenshots...

Thought I'd upload some more screenshots...

They include images for sunny/clear sunset/sunrise image....foggy night....stormy night.....and snowfall.

If anyone has or does get the app, please remember to give the app 5 stars and a nice comment so a cancer patient in need can be helped even more.

If anyone has any of the many tablets out there, I am looking for testers. I am also looking for talented developers willing to donate a little of their time to help with the project.

Thanks!