Liquid Smooth Rom Bug Reporting

bigdiesle32

Reaction score
bugs

I noticed this as well as several other bugs. My wifi doesn't work: says error after trying to activate(although my wireless tether apk
Works just fine). No navigation found? Camera bug noticed. Contacts doesn't exist when trying to return missed phone call. Alt lock
Not working. When rebooting I get no service until I turn airplane mode on and then off again. Still overall great. But many bugs
So far. Hope they're fixed soon

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
What do you guys think are causing this bad battery life on some phones, but not on others? I am currently on spectator status. Waiting to see if these bugs get fixed before I make the jump to liquid from froyo cm7. I'm excited for this rom, as everyone is really happy for it, but the bugs seem to make it a pleasure rom, not a daily driver. But I am keeping a keen eye on this.

Sent from my Banana Phone.

I would make a backup in clockwork and try the rom for yourself. t may run great for you, it may not but the only way to find out for sure is try it for your self. Personally, as long as the battery is not dieing extremely fast, ask your self how often is it you really do not have access to an outlet or USB port to charge your phone? Of course that is me personally.

In my experience, this rom seems to be the best GB rom for the D2G. I have experienced the camera issues and sticky issues, but I have noticed that the sticky issue only happens every other reboot for me. So if I need to change soemthing and sticky does not work, just reboot and I am fine as long as I do not reboot. Battery life could be better but I followed the advice listed elsewhere on the forums. If memory serves me right run battery down to 0%, charge to 100%, charge a little longer, then unplug, and wipe battery stats in clock work recovery. Now my batter life really is not to bad, but it has seen better days. It helped none the less. 3G and Wi-Fi work fine usually, but if they do not, a simple reboot always fixes this just like it fixes the sticky issues.

Jonas

Reaction score
I would make a backup in clockwork and try the rom for yourself. t may run great for you, it may not but the only way to find out for sure is try it for your self. Personally, as long as the battery is not dieing extremely fast, ask your self how often is it you really do not have access to an outlet or USB port to charge your phone? Of course that is me personally.

In my experience, this rom seems to be the best GB rom for the D2G. I have experienced the camera issues and sticky issues, but I have noticed that the sticky issue only happens every other reboot for me. So if I need to change soemthing and sticky does not work, just reboot and I am fine as long as I do not reboot. Battery life could be better but I followed the advice listed elsewhere on the forums. If memory serves me right run battery down to 0%, charge to 100%, charge a little longer, then unplug, and wipe battery stats in clock work recovery. Now my batter life really is not to bad, but it has seen better days. It helped none the less. 3G and Wi-Fi work fine usually, but if they do not, a simple reboot always fixes this just like it fixes the sticky issues.

The reason I am waiting, is I am military, waiting to ship out, so when I ship out, I need a near flawless rom, because it may be quite some time before I am able to sbf back, or switch something out should a rom malfunction

Reaction score
Does USB mode work? I remember when it first came out it didn't and that was a deal breaker for me and I sbf'd.

Jonas

Reaction score
Does USB mode work? I remember when it first came out it didn't and that was a deal breaker for me and I sbf'd.

USB mode works for me, but I had a round about way of installing this rom that has proved to be my charm to getting most of the problems you guys have gone.

The way I installed it was to SBF back to froyo, and then use the GB leak. I then flashed the ROM WITHOUT doing any sort of wiping, of the cache, nor dalvik, nor a factory reset. Then I rebooted into CWM, and tried to flash the GB leak back on using the "update.zip" method. That did not work, but I dont know if this has anything to do with my success or not. The reason I did that was because I realized after I flashed the ROM, I did not do any wipes, so I tried to go back and start from GB. After this I went back into CWM, without rebooting the phone, went to advanced, did a dalvik wipe, then a cache wipe, then a factory reset, then flashed the rom as I normally would have. It was a little faster flashing it the second time, but that could have been just me having already seen it before.

The only problems I have now are the Camera issue, and one I have not seen posted on the forums. I have no GPS. This is exceedingly annoying since I run nightly and not having an accurate time/distance recording isn't fun. This is odd to me since I run a sensor test through Z-Device Test, and the GPS shows up as a working sensor, but it will not locate the satellites like it should. And I know this is a valid sensor test because it does not recognize the camera, which is correct, since the rom messes the camera up.

Also, my battery life is pretty decent, no complaints there.

Last edited:

Jonas

Reaction score
Another update for bugs, there is no gps. I confirmed this in Google Maps. Kind of disappointing. I may go over and try cm7 on GB, unless this rom can get stable in a week or so.

Also, for those interested in moblie radio apps such as last.fm, pandora, and I heart radio, the 3g connection flutters in and out so frequently last.fm has trouble and iheartradio is no better. I don't think this is just my phone since I haven't had this problem before Liquid.

Sent from my Banana Phone

Jonas

Reaction score
More bugs:

I have been trying all day to ninjamorph my phone to absolutely no avail. I am using the same methods that worked perfectly for me on Froyo CM7, Stock GB Leak, and Stock Froyo. If someone can confirm this not working that would be nice, and hopefully I'm not just an idiot. Yes my phone is on USB Debugging, yes I have Busybox installed, and yes my SD card is mounted R/W.

Also, if you are using GO Launcher Ex, and trying to replace the icons in your dock with custom images, your gallery will glitch. To give an exact example for the devs, I went into Go Launcher, held down the icon to switch it, hit replace, then Custom icon, then chose Gallery. I choose my image which is in the folder made by Simple Text for this example. The first time doing this, it works perfectly, no flaws. The second time the folder is not shown at all, but all other folders are shown. A bit annoying to have to use File Explorer to find each file.

I hope the by documenting the bugs in detail they can be replicated for the devs in order to be fixed. Best of luck to the Liquid team, I hope you guys get this fixed.

OP
H

hradek422

Reaction score
I'm honestly starting to question whether or not the Liquid team is even going to support this ROM and try to correct anything. I joined their forums to see if they had anything going, and it's dead. I haven't heard anything from the actual team about planned fixes.

Jonas

Reaction score
I'm honestly starting to question whether or not the Liquid team is even going to support this ROM and try to correct anything. I joined their forums to see if they had anything going, and it's dead. I haven't heard anything from the actual team about planned fixes.

This will be the 4th rom I have tried that had too many bugs for me to consider solid. That is why I am going to try to take a stock rooted phone and create the custom setup I want WITHOUT any rom at all. I will try to keep anyone whose interested updated if I can even get it off the ground.

bascherz

Reaction score
Cam, 3G, GPS, and Locks

Ditto on the camera and skippy 3G. Ironically, I returned my first D2 under warranty because the camera wouldn't focus (at least it could take distant pics). I used to get 2.5Mbps with 3G at my house and now I can barely get a connection. There's a tower 1/2-mile away and clear line-of-sight. Definitely something wrong there. GPS didn't activate upon entry to Google Maps, so I turned it off and back on and made sure I pushed the My Location button on Google Maps and it works fine. I wasn't thrilled to see the Droid 1 era email client in this ROM either (doesn't even have a search function, which at least the D1 app did), but I got K9 and it's all good.

Other issues I have (not bugs, but issues) are that with GB 2.3.3 that Verizon pushed out earlier this year the camera app would take widescreen shots (and the camera worked). This camera doesn't work or have a widescreen option. Secondly, 2.3.3 separated the keyboard lock timeout and the screen timeout. Why is this significant? My employer forces our email client to require a password-entry (not pattern) lock, so I can't get around that. But 2.3.3 would time out the screen in, say, 2 minutes and timeout the keyboard lock in 20 minutes (I think that was the max). So I could check email during a meeting repeatedly without ever having to re-enter my password but the screen still dimmed (saving battery life). Adding this feature would surely be handy, at least for folks like myself.

Otherwise, this is a slick piece of work. Lots of eye candy. And wireless tether works (Barnacle only, neither a stable nor the latest Google beta Wireless Tether app could get to 3G). Biggest perk is the phone's new-found performance. The difference there from the Moto 2.3.3 ROM is night and day.

Had to use Pzousa's "MotorolaOneClickRoot" and Koush's droid_2_bootstrapper to get around the miserable blocks Moto/Verizon put into this phone's ROM. Even though I'd bricked the thing as it took a good 30 minutes to complete the first boot after ROMming. But all-in-all I am glad not to be constrained on using my "unlimited" monthly data allowance how I see fit.

Keep up the great work, but please fix the camera and 3G (at a minimum) as soon as you can. I use my camera a LOT on group motorcycle trips.

Awesome stuff. THANKS! :D

Bruce

Jonas

Reaction score
Ditto on the camera and skippy 3G. Ironically, I returned my first D2 under warranty because the camera wouldn't focus (at least it could take distant pics). I used to get 2.5Mbps with 3G at my house and now I can barely get a connection. There's a tower 1/2-mile away and clear line-of-sight. Definitely something wrong there. GPS didn't activate upon entry to Google Maps, so I turned it off and back on and made sure I pushed the My Location button on Google Maps and it works fine. I wasn't thrilled to see the Droid 1 era email client in this ROM either (doesn't even have a search function, which at least the D1 app did), but I got K9 and it's all good.

Other issues I have (not bugs, but issues) are that with GB 2.3.3 that Verizon pushed out earlier this year the camera app would take widescreen shots (and the camera worked). This camera doesn't work or have a widescreen option. Secondly, 2.3.3 separated the keyboard lock timeout and the screen timeout. Why is this significant? My employer forces our email client to require a password-entry (not pattern) lock, so I can't get around that. But 2.3.3 would time out the screen in, say, 2 minutes and timeout the keyboard lock in 20 minutes (I think that was the max). So I could check email during a meeting repeatedly without ever having to re-enter my password but the screen still dimmed (saving battery life). Adding this feature would surely be handy, at least for folks like myself.

Otherwise, this is a slick piece of work. Lots of eye candy. And wireless tether works (Barnacle only, neither a stable nor the latest Google beta Wireless Tether app could get to 3G). Biggest perk is the phone's new-found performance. The difference there from the Moto 2.3.3 ROM is night and day.

Had to use Pzousa's "MotorolaOneClickRoot" and Koush's droid_2_bootstrapper to get around the miserable blocks Moto/Verizon put into this phone's ROM. Even though I'd bricked the thing as it took a good 30 minutes to complete the first boot after ROMming. But all-in-all I am glad not to be constrained on using my "unlimited" monthly data allowance how I see fit.

Keep up the great work, but please fix the camera and 3G (at a minimum) as soon as you can. I use my camera a LOT on group motorcycle trips.

Awesome stuff. THANKS! :D

Bruce

I'm not sure where your performance gain is? I haven't seen nearly any speed gain, nor increased productivity from this rom compared to the stock gb setup. Granted I had all the bloatware frozen, so my speed was a good notch higher than pure stock would have been, but all in all, not really seeing what all the hype is.

bascherz

Reaction score
I'm not sure where your performance gain is? I haven't seen nearly any speed gain, nor increased productivity from this rom compared to the stock gb setup. Granted I had all the bloatware frozen, so my speed was a good notch higher than pure stock would have been, but all in all, not really seeing what all the hype is.

Well, I went from a fully-bloated, stock GB ROM to this. So yes, the UI is smoother, cached emails etc. load quicker, and the phone just seems more responsive. If it weren't for my wanting open wireless tethering I probably would have stuck with a rooted stock GB. Generally, I liked it. I am sure if I were to do a thorough pro-v-con list it wouldn't seem worth it. And if this ROM ends up being unsupported, I may just go back (once I figure out how to do that). This is the first time I've tried anything like this.