Liquid Smooth Rom Bug Reporting

hradek422

Reaction score
Alright, if you're noticing any bugs for the D2G, post them here. Here are a couple things I've noticed:

Camera will come up once. If you close out of the camera, it will not come up again. If you go into your app drawer and select camera, you get "Camera Error: Cannot connect to camera." A reboot fixes this, but if you close the camera again, you're in the same situation.

When receiving a call while your phone is in landscape mode, the answering screen is skewed and isn't set correctly. Portrait mode looks fine when receiving a call.

When going through Liquid Settings>Goodies>Switch (to switch system apps), it lists a feature to install stock launcher. This does not actually install the stock launcher, and it will not take you to the home screen if you press the home button. This is because you no longer have a launcher installed. If you press the back button to go out of Liquid settings completely, you will be S.O.L. and cannot install a new home. I did this out of stupidity, and had to SBF to stock and start over.

I noticed that the App Market wouldn't actually let me install certain apps for a couple days. I could go to the store online through my PC and push the app to my phone, but couldn't do it any other way. It doesn't seem to be having this issue anymore. Facebook, Root Explorer, and Google Music were some of the apps I tried.

This is all I have personally noticed/had time to test.

Last edited:

juv3

Reaction score
I did this out of stupidity, and had to SBF to stock and start over.
This is all I have personally noticed/had time to test.
LOLOLOLOL... you brought me flashbacks it sucks when that happens, what you need to do before installing or attempting to install is go to market and get a home launcher (i could be a free one) to have as backup in case the settings don't install the one you want at least you have a backup one when you hit home again :D

OP
H

hradek422

Reaction score
LOLOLOLOL... you brought me flashbacks it sucks when that happens, what you need to do before installing or attempting to install is go to market and get a home launcher (i could be a free one) to have as backup in case the settings don't install the one you want at least you have a backup one when you hit home again :D

Lol, yeah, it sucked, but I was able to get back to stock, re-root, re-bootstrap, and restore my backup so I was back where I started pretty easily. I figured when it said "Install Stock Launcher" that it would actually install the stock one, because I didn't want to use Launcher Pro or ADW, though I've paid for both. It was my bad, and just a "Hey don't do this" to everyone else.

@rsamson

I'm assumed you meant the Alt Lock, and you are correct, this doesn't work for D2G.

Reaction score
Wi-fi->3G connectivity bug that was present in CM7 still present here, damn annoying. I (also out of stupidity) flashed stock status bar and it didn't install the stock bar and just left me with no status bar, and my phone was dying so I had to find my battery level elsewhere, charge and SBF...some stuff I messed with in performance and goodies FC, not cool if it was certified stable and the battery life is like, bad IMO. Only bugs I came across, but battery life is not really a bug.

OP
H

hradek422

Reaction score
It's interesting that you say that about the battery life. I took my phone off the charger at 7AM yesterday morning, and played music on it literally the entire day. It still had 60% battery remaining at 5PM when I left work.

Jonas

Reaction score
What do you guys think are causing this bad battery life on some phones, but not on others? I am currently on spectator status. Waiting to see if these bugs get fixed before I make the jump to liquid from froyo cm7. I'm excited for this rom, as everyone is really happy for it, but the bugs seem to make it a pleasure rom, not a daily driver. But I am keeping a keen eye on this.

Sent from my Banana Phone.

OP
H

hradek422

Reaction score
Noticed a new bug. When you are in your app drawer and turn the phone to landscape, the icons are all messed up. If you start to scroll it fixes them. If you turn it back to portrait, it fixes them. If you open the app drawer in landscape, it doesn't have the issue until you go portrait, and back to landscape.

@Jonas, it could be many things. People overclocking their phones probably contributes to a large amount of it, I'm sure. I've got better battery life than I've ever had with this ROM. It uninstalls all the garbage Motorola and Verizon had on here stock.

thesoldier

Reaction score
I really don't know why, but the past few days I was getting decent battery life, I'd say over 24 hours with around 30% left under moderate usage. Currently I'm down to 60% after 2 hrs 27 mins under moderate usage. The only thing I can think of is that I changed to a different theme, but I don't know how it would have that much effect on my battery.

Sent from my D2G on Liquid 3.0

Jonas

Reaction score
I really don't know why, but the past few days I was getting decent battery life, I'd say over 24 hours with around 30% left under moderate usage. Currently I'm down to 60% after 2 hrs 27 mins under moderate usage. The only thing I can think of is that I changed to a different theme, but I don't know how it would have that much effect on my battery.

I cannot speak to this rom specifically, but I know when I use graphic heavy themes on my phone, it does eat my battery a bit quicker than the simpler themes. Maybe that's your problem. Or maybe I'm just crazy.

thesoldier

Reaction score
Its definitely a possibility and could be it. Tomorrow I'll switch back to the stock theme and see if my battery life changes for the better.

19thumper76

Reaction score
other than the camera and settings not sticking the only thing wrong is battery life is HORRIBLE took my phone off the charger and left it on my desk for 2 hrs and with the screen off and no calls or texts it was down to 40% im about to go back to stock

bdsullivan76

Reaction score
NFL mobile app doesn't work. Stays at loading but never does. Paying $10 a month for it (just for redzone really) so it working is a must for me. Otherwise I like it better than cm4d2g.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

xcodybx

Reaction score
do you HAVE to be on .607?
I'm running the .606 version.....wondering if it would work since the OTA was pulled.

Insidious

Reaction score
do you HAVE to be on .607?
I'm running the .606 version.....wondering if it would work since the OTA was pulled.

You can be on .606 I am and I flashed over with no probs.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums