Liquid 3.2 ROM

OP
D

Deegge

Reaction score
One thing that I've noticed with my Droid X is that Data is always 1X. I've played with some settings bad can't get 3g.

Anyone else see this and have a fix?

UPDATE
Not only was my data not working correctly, neither was wifi. A third flash of the ROM fixed it. The always wipe data/factory reset as suggested but this time I also formatted System. This ROM is running sooth

Last edited:

poboy975

Reaction score
Hi, I just flashed Liquid 3.2 on my DX and I too am having the no data issues, though wifi works for me. Should I just reflash again? I just finished restoring all my backups.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
When I was using it I did have to reboot every so often to get it to come back up. Even toggling airplane mode did not always work and I did not use any of the hacks, just left it stock. So unfortunately I do not think that a reinstall will fix it.

poboy975

Reaction score
So, I flashed the rom again, but I did not wipe anything, and now my data works. Everything seems to be good so far. I'm liking it, waiting to see what kind of battery life I can get.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Glad it worked for you. Mine did work intermittently, just had the annoying down times so I switched.

OP
D

Deegge

Reaction score
I've flashed 3 or 4 times because I keep losing data and wifi. It was working fine, and I didn't change anything and now it's not working. I thought it was something to do with DroidWall (I'm on limited data plan) so I disabled it - eventually uninstalled it. Now I'm thinking it has something to do with Airplane Mode since I use that alot when I'm at work and don't have a signal. I think I'll check out the Droid forums where the bugs/fixes are. If anyone has any tips ...

ooklathemok

Reaction score
Wow, I figured this was a great update, but I am out of the country and not using data. ;)

I guess I'll see when I get home tomorrow. The power widget issues are really frustrating. I love having the widget but now it is useless because I have to restart constantly. Where is the thread you speak of with bugs/fixes?

OP
D

Deegge

Reaction score
Wow, I figured this was a great update, but I am out of the country and not using data. ;)

I guess I'll see when I get home tomorrow. The power widget issues are really frustrating. I love having the widget but now it is useless because I have to restart constantly. Where is the thread you speak of with bugs/fixes?

The rom was great but wifi and data kept dropping and wouldn't come back. Restarted and redoing wifi setup didnt help.
I posted the bugs/fix forum link in my first post up top

wdcspurs

Reaction score
Has anyone experiemced issues with sending MMS messages while on Liquid 3.2? I am unable to send them using the stock messaging or Handcent from the market. Hopefully it is a setting or easy fix.

OP
D

Deegge

Reaction score
Has anyone experiemced issues with sending MMS messages while on Liquid 3.2? I am unable to send them using the stock messaging or Handcent from the market. Hopefully it is a setting or easy fix.

Nope - haven't seen that issue. I flashed back to 3.1 with the deskclock from 3.0 installed. Too many data & wifi drops that wouldn't come back.

ooklathemok

Reaction score
Same here, now that I am back in the states. The wifi wouldn't stay connected and Google Voice kept giving me syncing errors because data wouldn't stay connected either.

Now, I am paranoid about 3.1 and data. My weather widget, minimal text, often says 'loading...' instead of the conditions as it seems like data isn't on frequent enough for the widget to get it's hourly updates. It did not behave that way before, but I think I will give it a day or two. As I said, I am just being paranoid.

wdcspurs

Reaction score
Nope - haven't seen that issue. I flashed back to 3.1 with the deskclock from 3.0 installed. Too many data & wifi drops that wouldn't come back.
Once I started paying attention to my phone outside of my house, I realized that I am losing data and 3g connection. Basically it drops once I leave WIFI at my house. Reset the phone and back to normal. This caused the MMS issue I experienced. The deskclock app seems to be differrent too. I noticed another poster used a different version of it. Will that version work on 3.2. If so, where do I get this at?

bobbypatel1988

Reaction score
Hi all....I downloaded liquid 3.1 to sd but its not letting me install it from recovery ...my phone is not rooted can I still install it without rooting the phone?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

umx

Reaction score
Im having problems with handcent not flashing the led when I get new msgs . any ideas?