Liquid 3.1 released!

themistah

Reaction score
If im running 3.0 can I wipe cache partition&dalvik only or do I have to do a factory reset as well.?

nguyenlm

Reaction score
camera is fixed.
alarm clock is broken. combination of the alarm tones are missing altogether and the deskclock process fc's as soon as its activated.

OP
D

Deegge

Reaction score
camera is fixed.
alarm clock is broken. combination of the alarm tones are missing altogether and the deskclock process fc's as soon as its activated.

Did you Wipe all cache and data? Otherwise try the Fix Permissions script (Liquid Settings -> Scripts -> Fix Permissions.

OP
D

Deegge

Reaction score
If im running 3.0 can I wipe cache partition&dalvik only or do I have to do a factory reset as well.?

I always wipe everything and factory reset.
Liquid Instructions:
INSTALL:
0 - BACKUP!!!!!!!!!!
1 - DOWNLOAD ZIP AND PLACE IN SDCARD
2 - REBOOT IN TO RECOVERY
3 - WIPE ALL CACHE AND DATA TO AVOID PROBLEMS
4 - INSTALL FROM ZIP
5 - DONE... REBOOT

OP
D

Deegge

Reaction score
Clock alarm fc today and I was late to work. That sucked.

Mine fc'd but the alarm did go off. To fix, extract 3.0's DeskClock.apk and install that on your phone with 3.1 . (found this fix over at the Droid sub-forum.)

Reboot. You may need to Fix Permissions. Just tested and it worked for me.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
I almost had the same thing happen ldopa but thankfully I always set a secondary alarm. Apparently you can use one from the market and it will work if you do not want to have to extract apks or anything like that. But I have not tried it to confirm.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I restored a backup of alarm clock plus. I'll be totally boned if I wake up late tomorrow. I have a date too so I can't afford to get off on the wrong side of the android ;)

skruid

Reaction score
I wiped and followed all the right steps for droid 2 global and it soft bricked my phone had to sbf back too froyo and install all ota updates, had hope missed liquid from my droid 1, pretty easy fix

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

skruid

Reaction score
And yes I did download right one, not mad or anything, liquid builds good roms

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

jerkwad

Reaction score
Replace Clock with this one...

I pulled the clock.apk from cm7 and it works perfectly. I've tested alarms and snoozing and stuff, no problems on my end. i'm SO happy to have a properly working Liquid GB kernel ROM :icon_ lala:

Download this: View attachment 42061
Use Titanium to uninstall the Liquid Clock application (back it up first if you want to)
Enable unknown sources in Settings -> Applications
Unzip the file and click com.android.deskclock.apk it will install the working version (you won't get the ICS icon though)

Last edited:

reznorfan0

Reaction score
I pulled the clock.apk from cm7 and it works perfectly. I've tested alarms and snoozing and stuff, no problems on my end. i'm SO happy to have a properly working Liquid GB kernel ROM :icon_ lala:

Download this: View attachment 42061
Use Titanium to uninstall the Liquid Clock application (back it up first if you want to)
Enable unknown sources in Settings -> Applications
Unzip the file and click com.android.deskclock.apk it will install the working version (you won't get the ICS icon though)

Works, thanks. Though I don't know how you would use Titanium for removing the old....I used droid explorer, but looked around in titanium first to no avail....

Anyway, thanks.

nguyenlm

Reaction score
so i tried titianium backuping a clock from a different rom, but upon reboot the clock would revert.
ended up unistalling deskclock altogether and reinstalling a new apk.

so far so good......we'll find out tommorow if it fails me again.

still kind of pissed that the alarm tones are missing all together, shame that one of best roms out there always seems to be plagued by small issues (camera on 3.0, clock in 3.1)

Last edited:

rnh

Reaction score
Thanks for the apk jerkwad. You can remove the old alarm using the app manager supplied with this rom. It's simple. Anyone have an idea for a better, zoomable camera?